Olympics 2024

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by John Brunner, Jul 27, 2024.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I want to put on a wig and beat the &@#*! out of that IOC "official. "

2. John Brunner

Either that, or all these numbers are made-up B.S.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It won't affect the Olympics when held in other countries or maybe not at all but today was the day that the Biden/Harris rewrite of Title 9 went into affect in all states that didn't block it.

In the remaining states girls and women will no longer have Title 9 protections. I posted about it with a link to a full story in the Biden thread.

Most women who voted for Biden won't care that they have lost a civil rights protection that is 50 years old with an executive order. They will vote for Harris anyway.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in Wisconsin, there are a few both sex bathrooms. They have a locked door and are labeled as such. If there is a utility closet near bathrooms, that can be installed easily. Trans should have their own sporting events to make it fair for all too. But I think trans should then be taxed for all the changes that would be required for their changes. Just as I think, abortions should be paid for by those demanding them.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

But trans (men-who-think-they-are-women) don't care about having a bathroom available or participating in sports. They want to be where women are.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I know I’m the one who brought the boxer dude into the thread but the news itself is flooded with the same topic rather than the normal massive reporting on who did what and how they won the gold.
    I mean, the thread isn’t really about trans men trying to convince others that they are women but between the opening ceremony and trans boxers, the other REAL Olympians aren’t the center of conversation around the world.

Simone Biles winning her 5th or 6th gold has less coverage than the cheating dirty dog men who entered into women’s boxing.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The point is women are not into them. If they say they are being discriminated against, give them alternatives. Trans bathrooms or out houses, trans cells in prison, trans boxing matches so they can beat their own brains out...Give them nothing to push against except each other.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If the real women refused to compete in sports where it is allowed where it makes a difference, the issue would go away quickly. If the trans guys want to compete in women's gymnastics floor exercises, it wouldn't be much of a problem. I don't think you find the women-to-men trans people wanting to compete against men often. Boxing is one of the sports where allowing such nonsense to occur is dangerous to competitors, even though Obama decided women belong in the front lines of combat. Hopefully his daughters will become combat Marines...probably not.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

A trans may cut it on the floor exercise but when they get to the balance beam, one slip and straddle is all it would take to end the notion of whether he’s a guy or a girl.

Vada Bloom and Mary Stetler like this.
  10. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

the 1500 meter swim is a ball buster even to watch.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Simone Biles' smile can light up a room. She truly is the "GOAT."

Vada Bloom and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

That smile is indeed captivating and she certainly is the greatest of all time!

Another beautiful smile combined with being an extremely strong gymnast that comes to mind is Katlyn Ohashi and I was really hoping she would be on the team.
    Between Biles and Ohashi, well, they would have brought down the roof.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I was watching an old youtube video of Mary Lou Retton in 1984. She was such a live wire; just absolutely charming. I believe it said she was the first American woman to medal in gymnastics, and she won the gold. I have loved the Olympics since I was a kid.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

After defeating all the women. 2 biological men will compete for Olympic Gold in women's boxing. pic.twitter.com/5DK5C2zGg8

Olympic Boxers men.JPG

NPR says the two have boxed as women with no issue, until "a conservative outcry" when the Italian female boxer quite less than one minute into the match. "It is medically possible for women to have male chromosomes, in rare cases."

I've read comments elsewhere stating that one of them has female genitalia (actually, never developed a penis), so there may be more to him(?) than "identifies as." The NPR article made no mention of it.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, Khalif is, on some reports, an intersex person which is why s/he can live in a predominately Muslim country or so it is said.
    But, confirmation of such a condition has been ruled confidential so without the proof one or another, the world community is supposed to give her/him the benefit of the doubt, shrug our shoulders and acknowledge the chromosomal anomaly.

Sorry, but although I’m not from Missouri, I think I’ll save the coins in my brain by not buying a pig in a poke. Show me some proof.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.