Opinion: Are We On The Verge Of A Civil War

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I wonder how we will ever solve the conservative censorship being applied by the likes of Facebook and other tech giants? From Gizmodo, and other sources...

Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

The investigative journalism group Project Veritas says it has obtained leaked internal documents from a former Facebook employee proving the company's alleged bias against conservatives on its platform.

The report includes 60 pages of internal documents, screenshots of Facebook employee discussions, and a sit-down interview with the unnamed Facebook insider.

"I saw things going on that I personally find to be troubling," the former employee says in the video.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't believe the American Press in the 1857--1860's period was a contributing factor to the Civil War but the American Press needs to take some responsibility for the critical divisiveness that in my opinion they have created. The Press has the POWER to help unify the country if it chooses.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I loved the post that someone did that stated "Democrats haven't hated Republicans this much since they freed their slaves." That oughta be a bumper sticker.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think it might have been Ken who posted it. I first saw it on FB but you’re right, if I was to place a bumper sticker on the truck, that would be it.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just heard a commentator referring to Trump as U.S. Grant. He talked of previous Republican Presidents as McClellan and Meade, who tended to avoid conflict and never pursued the enemy after a victory. Grant, however, was an aggressive general even sent Sherman through the South and never was afraid to follow a victory with pursuit. He said the opening campaign was in Michigan yesterday. We'll see, but it seems to fit. Apparently the border will be closed next week if the Mexicans don't enforce their own immigration laws. Talk about economic impact...Mexico will be devastated.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

A order was issued on 3rd of Oct for Marines to be deployed on American soil in times of trouble

Found it a bit confusing but the link states it better.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Can't find any other reference of this @Tom Galty

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Bess Barber and Tom Galty like this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I am filled with admiration at the extent to which you people express yourselves!

I'm only good for a sentence, but Cole, Anderson, Sanoica, and others are like a Harvard debating society!

Hal

Bess Barber likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

I am also seeing stories about the possibility that the Democrats who are trying to find a way to impeach President Trump , may be planning some sort of a takeover “coup” , where they would literally try to have the president arrested, along with his cabinet members who support the president, and put them into prison.
    If we get even close to this kind of a thing happening, the Rolling Thunder bikers (who are supporters of President Trump) would likely descend on Washington DC, and we probably would have other riots in places besides the nation’s capitol.
    It would cause problems everywhere if something like this does happen, because if the President has to declare martial law to stop the attempted coup, then the democrats would probably incite riots all over.
    On the other hand, if they were able to somehow arrest our president (with no legal proceedings for that), then the Trump supporters would all be trying to stop it and we would probably still have riots.
    Hopefully, this is just a precautionary measure of getting the Marines ready, and it will all be worked out without coming to a situation where we are put under martial law.
    Should that happen, we would be only a short step from the UN coming in and taking over this country, in my opinion.

12. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the second link as I now understand it a bit better.
    Never thought America was so near a Coup

Bess Barber likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have read the paranoia going around the internet about the democrats' plan to get Hillary in the white house by assassinating Trump/Pence. Once Pelosi ascends to the throne she will name Hillary as VP, then resign. Voila', the democratic coup. I'll admit I think this all sounds pretty far-fetched, but the world is a crazy place. If anything this insane were to happen, I have no doubt that we would be facing civil war.

Bess Barber likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

IS this a new one, or the one that already was supposed to have happened, and didn’t ? I think it was last spring, and Pelosi and company were all going to fly off somewhere while the surprise attack on the White House eliminated both President Trump, and VP Pence. Trump stopped that one , and also stopped Pelosi from getting on the airplane.
    One never knows about all of these internet conspiracies, but if it happened before and they stopped the assassination, then I am sure that they are prepared for it this time, too.

It is one thing for the Democrats to try and legally impeach our president, but a whole other thing for them to plan to assassinate him, or even arrest the president.
    If they do they that, and are stopped, they are probably going to be the ones facing charges.

Bess Barber likes this.