Our Hero, Biden

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is. Whatever their political bent, if they're not members here, they are not a protected class. I'd still rather we argue the issues than the people, but sometimes, politicians are the issue.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We're getting personal here. Please, let's not do that. Argue the issues, not the people, if the people are members here.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, come on, LuluBelle! You know you enjoy a good knock down drag-out fight! And don't call me nasty! @Lulu Moppet

4. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know how it can be done, or whether it makes sense, but from my heart I would like to see the border closed for at least two years so we can work on our problems of hating each other. It is heartbreaking how at odds we are, how angry we are at each other & I think closing the border completely for at least two years would help. Adding more to the mix at this time makes no sense to me.

I don't think we can or will do this, but I'd like to see it done.

5. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I really have always liked you very much Shirl Girl.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that most Americans would like to see our borders closed down, which is something that almost every other country does just as a matter of fact and does not even question it.
    We DO need immigrants to come here, live good lives and become American citizens, but they need to come here legally and lawfully, and not just crash through our borders.
    We do not need militant men from other countries who want to come here and disrupt this country, or be here because they are criminals and gang members in their own countries. We are already seeing people being attacked by these violent illegals , even our law enforcement are being attacked by them, and there are warnings about the illegals even forcing their way into houses to rob and kill people.
    These are people who do not want to come here and be Americans, they just want to plunder this country, and we have to stop it and take back our country and regulate the immigration so that we have actual families coming here and not militants .

7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, and as I see it, our best chance is to either get President Trump back in, since he already had a proven a border policy that worked, or someone that will follow his plan, put it back in place. Why biden removed that policy I won't speculate on, all I know is, he did.

I'm all for people getting along in this country because divided I've always heard, we fall. I've never known us to be divided on an issue of National Security. That is confounding, confusing, and really dangerous to our country. It's obvious to me that either biden isn't concerned about this nations security, or whoever "might" be, pulling his strings.

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Most recently I would have found the word asinine to be offensive.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I think we can have a peace-treaty between the different "views". It's a challenge I'm thinking for myself to learn to discuss like the person I want to be. How about the rest of you? Maybe the US isn't united, but maybe we can show so some how it's done. Some here are already excellent at discussing without throwing mud, I haven't been one of them but I'm a wanna be :)

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

First, this is not just a US issue. It is a world wide issue facilitated by the UN that we support financially. Look at peaceful Sweden for pete's sake. Italy, France--most European countries are reporting it as well as Australia, which may be a bit more difficult surrounded by water, But they are being 'invaded' as well.
    I Just called the White house to add to all the complaints Biden is getting. Now he has made a 'deal' with Mexico which demands we pay money to hold back the tide. They are already getting money. Migrants are sending what they might get here back home. RFK is being a bit more socially :confused:gentle about what he would do but we need Trump to actually fix this. We don't have the jobs or resources for these people. They have been lied to and need to go home and come in legally and slowly. Gov'ts all over the world are using these people as pawns to cause discord and division. It is sad but at least flyers should be distributed to all to explain it before eviction and violence/crimes.
    Problem is once they are on the dole, they think it is simple for us to keep them there.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

It's the money-bags, it's on their heads (I don't know why the guillotine isn't brought back). As far as biden demanding money, I don't think he'll get far unless he does his job and close the boarder, and for a time, time enough to send as many as we can back home. I think all the donors to their coming here should have to pay for the return ticket. Yeah I know, like they would do that.

12. Mary Stetler

Registered

Totally agree.
    Oh my!

13. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree that the border should be closed and think it should be done immediately. We already have a system of legal immigration. If adjustments in that system are needed then Congress should work on those changes as soon as the borders are controlled.

Everyone needs to realize that immigrants trying to come to the US from Mexico and S. America LEGALLY have long waits while millions are allowed to pour across the border illegally with no wait.

https://www.us-immigration.com/us-i...migrant-to-legally-come-to-the-united-states/

I have very definite opinions about things that should happen in this country but I don't hate those who disagree with me.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Registered

There is no one on here that I hate. There was one who came on here a while back with a pleasant introduction and then began swinging. I tried to be nice but she was itching for a fight. I don't know her personally but I know her real attacks were not welcome. A professional debater who was down and serious whereas we are mostly fun and foolish.
    Lots of times people here say things facetiously but if we can't see their faces we don't always know.
    Politics does bring out the anger but it is more with what is being done than what is being said by the peanut gallery.

Bobby Cole and Vada Bloom like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Our hero Biden seems to be declaring war on Texas and Iran and Yemen at the same time. Interesting times.