Police Response Absurdity

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

To be sure, no laughing matter, but the reasoning put forth by the higher-ups is.

"Police officer kills himself, 9th NYPD suicide this year"
    "NEW YORK (AP) — An off-duty veteran New York city police officer killed himself on Wednesday, becoming the ninth police officer to die by suicide this year, authorities said.

The officer with over 25 years of service shot himself in the head at his Laurelton home in Queens just after 6 p.m., officials said. He was rushed to a hospital in Manhasset where he was pronounced dead. His name was not immediately released.

The tragedy comes just one day after another off-duty police officer fatally shot himself at his home in Yonkers.

See: https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-officer-kills-himself-9th-022341603.html

One of the reasons cited for these suicides is the officer's "ready access to firearms" ! (?)

That is patently ridiculous. What is the statement driving at, disarming the officers?
    Frank

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I didn't see this thread earlier. Wow. I wonder why there is such a high rate of this in NYC? Do you think it's just the stress because it's always so 'busy'. Maybe they should rotate them from bad precincts to ones which have less going on from time to time. I would think it depressing to deal with so many scumbags day after day.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not verified, but possible.
    I read that these officers were involved with the Weiner email happenings, so someone might have wanted them not to be able to testify if it came to that.

Frank Sanoica likes this.