Political Donations

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Sheldon Scott, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Rand Paul, and Ron Paul before him have long been my favorites but I don't think Rand has a chance of getting the nomination. I like Trump too, but feel Cruz would make a better president. Although Cruz is a senator, he is not among the mainstream republicans. I also feel he has the best chance to beat Hillary and that is the most important thing.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was a state delegate for Ron Paul in 2012 but Rand Paul does not hold to the same principles. Although his stated views on issues comes closer to aligning with my own, I don't trust him. Trump would be my choice, not because i agree with him on issues because, in many cases, I don't. But he is the only candidate who has the elite from both political parties, and the mainstream media, scared so I think there might be something to that. I could vote for Ted Cruz, but there are no other candidates that I'd vote for in a general election.

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

senators-nascar-drivers.jpg

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been leaning toward Rubio. What do you think are his pros and cons?

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What bothers me about Rubio is the fact that he is backed by the very people who are entrenched in Washington politics.....The people who have helped cause the mess we're in now. I feel they are backing him because they think he will be easier to keep in line.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am an apolitical person although I care who wins the election particularly the president. My husband is the exact opposite because he is serious with elections. In the election of 2013, he helped in the campaign of a senatorial candidate who was in the borderline of the surveys. My husband was in the social media team that handled the Facebook page of the candidate. He even donated coffee mugs. Fortunately, their candidate won... the topnotcher in the senate list of winners. That was a surprise. By the way, my husband has no intention of asking favors. He just wanted to help.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Apart from his being just another establishment Republican lackey, who would follow the same agenda followed by every president since the first Bush, or before, my biggest problem with Rubio is that he is an open borders guy, and that is simply something we cannot afford. Apart from the fact that many of the people we're bringing in here pose an imminent threat to the safety and lives of American citizens, our economy is in bad shape and we can't afford it. At a time when far too many people are either out of work altogether, underemployed, or unable to find a job for a wage that pays the bills, open borders exacerbates these problems, enriching corporations by keeping wages low and empowering government by making more people dependent upon it. We can't afford Rubio.

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If I could put a couple of "likes" on you Ike I would.

While we do have military advisors the problem with a president who has no hands on experience with the subject is totally in the dark about military actions and reactions thereby making each campaign waged by our warriors a political activity. To think about it, how many advisors has the present resident in the White House been through because he didn't agree with them....... Uh........3?
    That said, there are the John Kerry's who have to be watched out for because their military was only a stepping stone for a political agenda.

But, getting back to donations, my pockets could be loosened much more quickly if I found a candidate who was well rounded and absolutely did have some military experience even if he were a Remington Ranger during his tour of duty.

Ike Willis likes this.