Present Place Lived

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Veteran Member
    Registered

My wife just called out from the living room, after I just returned from the store, current temperature is 120
    degrees F!

I felt it too, having parked in a far corner of the lot. Protective of my old (24 years) pet:

[​IMG]
    Frank

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nice car! It is a shame to leave it out in the blazing sun. Do you not have a carport?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Don Alaska
    Good point! The pic was taken on the day I brought it home. I keep it in the garage, the paint is original, no sign of clearcoat deterioration, which is seen often in the desert even on cars only a few years old. Bought it 14 months ago, $2200, a steal, I thought (not my wife, though!). 5.0L High-Output overhead valve engine, it's a '94, the 5.0 was discontinued after 1995. Car has 5-speed manual, 161,000 on the clock when I got it, burns no oil, runs like a top! We are both quite familiar with 5-OH Mustangs, having bought a used '89 in 1993, a '90 in 1994, and a bruised '93 Cobra in 1995 which I repaired, bought on condition it would be her car for driving to work! She became the talk of the office! The Cobra was sold to my Nephew; it is up on stands in KS, awaiting it's owner's return from Japan.
    Frank

4. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

I'm in the West Valley area of Phoenix. I've seen 120F several days on my patio, but don't think the official temp ever got that hot. If the heat starts to bother me, I just look at some pictures I took back in Ohio when we had a massive winter storm and about 2 foot of snow. Always makes me feel better

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Hoot Crawford
    I wonder if the super-storm we got in late January, 1967 in Chicago, extended it's reach clear over into Ohio? My folks lived then in southern Michigan, got 30+ inches, we got 27"; our street in suburban Chicago was unplowed for 2 weeks!
    Frank

6. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

I don't remember a 1967 storm in Central Ohio. The one I have pictures of was a Saturday in January 2008. After the third pass with the snow blower to clean the driveway, I had this conversation with my wife:

Me: Dear, please call Delta
    Her: Okay, where we going?
    Me: Florida.
    Her: Okay. Why are we going?
    Me: We're gonna buy a house.
    Her: Okay!

10 days later we were in Florida a bought a house.

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Veteran Member
    Registered

I am very luck the temperature change here for a whole year is about 30 degrees from mid 60 to mid 90 and when the temperature changes 10 degrees here the people put on a jacket and complain about the cold. Glad I live here but could stand a storm we are quite dry.