President Obama, Do You Love America?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Truthfully, I think that most of us, regardless of the political views we hold, pretty much want the same outcome. We want a free (and thriving) country in which to live. In our own way, I think that we love America, and our passion is to see America stay strong and free, and the great world leader that it has been thought of for many years.
    We used to be the first ones there when a country had any kind of a disaster. America sent aid in the form of doctors, military to help evacuate people when needed, and even money for the stricken country to help rebuild.
    This has always been my image of America, even though it seems that we have tragically fallen off of that pedestal.
    I don't think it has anything to do with political parties. Regardless of which party has the control, the agenda stays pretty much the same. And both parties point the finger at the other party, and not where the real problem is, which is the ones who control our government representatives.
    It is not the Dems vs. the Reps; it is the powerful men who are controlling what happens to everyone.
    America is being divided in as many ways as possible right now.
    Political parties are only a part of it. Races are being made to hate other races, as we can observe by all of the riots that are being promoted.
    Religions are being told to hate each other. The three main religions that believe in the same one true God are all being pitted against each other.
    If we are to survive as a country, we need to stop fighting each other and work together to save ourselves.

Peter Remington and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That's the essential problem. I don't believe that Obama does want the same outcome.

It's them against us, and they hold all the cards, which is not the way that this country was supposed to be.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Peter Remington

Peter Remington Veteran Member
    Registered

THIS is the attitude which has paralyzed America for decades and will just as surely eventually destroy it completely--NOT universal health care, NOT Social Security, NOT illegal immigrants and most assuredly NOT Obama's laudable inclination to negotiate first and invade later ... if at all. Ken is right about one thing, though; 'we' DO hold all the cards.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

4. Ken Anderson

You haven't noticed, I suppose, that he has invaded more countries in six years than Bush did in eight, and that he has encouraged violence in other countries. I guess not. That's why all of the anti-war organizations take a holiday during Democratic Administrations.

5. Peter Remington

Registered

Where on Earth do you get your 'information'?! All I see here is another classic right wing side-step. You just don't know when you've been beaten, do you, Ken? I think you should run for Congress. You'd fit in PERFECTLY there!

6. Ken Anderson

I have no interest in trading insults with you, Peter. If you're ever interested in discussing issues and facts, let me know. Otherwise, your facts are false, your generalizations are tedious, and your characterizations are flawed. Other than that, I am pleased that you are still here. ;)

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Peter Remington

Registered

Or YOURS are! I feel like I've stepped in crap and I can't get it off my shoes! If letting you have the last nasty word is the only way I can finally be rid od you, then so be it! THAT'S ALL, FOLKS!!

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

@Peter Remington , please don't let this discourage you from engaging in conversation on any of the other topics on this forum. I believe I speak for all of us that we enjoy your contributions here. I have even been privately contacted by members of the group, asking if you will stay.
    My daughter and I totally disagree on both religion and politics; so we just usually steer clear of those conversations. Sometimes , agreeing to disagree is the most level-headed decision , and I have had to do that at times when I surely didn't want to do so.
    We all tend to be more set in our ways, particularly as we get older; and just as nothing is apt to change your beliefs about this, neither is it apt to change Ken's mind from his beliefs.
    We have a very nice couple who come and visit for a Bible study each week; but they have a very different interpretation of what they believe than we do. Rather than try to convince them that the Bible says differently than they believe it does (which is what they try to do with us), we just try and find things that we can agree on to talk about.

9. Peter Remington

Registered

I would not be so foolish as to completely deprive myself of the good company so many of you here provide. From now on, though, I believe I'll leave politics strictly alone.

Allie Seay and Yvonne Smith like this.