Problems With Anxiety

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Richard Whiting, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For the last number of months I have been having high anxiety and sometimes full blown panic attacks. They come and go. Very troubling.

2. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sent you a PM Richard (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm sorry you are dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. It is horrible to deal with. There is a great book that has been around for many many years that is helpful. Hope and Help For your Nerves by Claire Weekes.

4. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’ve heard they’re uncomfortable, never experienced it myself. The first time I used an inhaler I thought I was experiencing one, apparently not an unexpected reaction if you’re not aware of the effects.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I learned a lot from this guy years ago. I read his books but you can hear him on YTube also.
    https://eckharttolle.com/the-greatest-liberation/
    anxiety , self worth etc. those type of things. And this is where I learned to actually Breathe to reduce stress ...anyway I found him helpful.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I've dealt with them since late 70s. I just tell myself I'm going to feel really bad for a little while but it will go away soon
    . It's kind of helps me but I do know it is a bad place to be when its happening. Had a bad one yesterday but was ok by bedtime."
    It was kinda of funny when I had my first really bad one. I went to er and told them I was dying:eek: and they best do something fast. I thought I wasn't breathing and laid out on the floor and panted. It's like hitting your finger with a hammer it hurts like hell but pain ease's.
    I feel for you but if its any comfort it doesn't last forever, so far anyway.

7. Richard Whiting

Registered

I'm not too sure , but I feel that much of my panic/anxiety is caused by getting too old to do most of what I used to do ?

The diabetes and or narrowing of arteries causes heavy pain in my legs when I walk more than 1 block.

The bowel disease keeps me pretty much confined to my apt and only a few meters from the bathroom. Quite often, I get only a few seconds of warning before I lose control. Heck, I can't even go a play pool.

And, of course, the nearly total deafness keeps me from conversing from anyone. Haven't had a real conversation in several years. If a man speaks loud enough and deeply enough, i can sometimes understand what he says. Women, on the other hand speak at a higher pitch and quite softly, So, i only see their lips move.

If the above is not enough, I can't eat most of my favorite foods. Even as a retired professional chef, I can't eat any of the dozens and dozens of my favorite recipes. Due mostly to an inability to handle gluten, sweets, and dairy products.

Back in 2002 -2005, I completely renovated an old house, with my own two hands Started out by ripping out all interior walls, completely rewired and all re-plumbed . Moved the bathroom and enlarged the master bedroom. Installed all new kitchen cabinets and counters. Installed all new windows and exterior siding. When I was done, wouldn't you know it ... a hurricane ripped off most of the roof shingles. Luckily, FEMA came to the rescue and paid me to install new shingles. That kept me very busy, in both mind and body.

Now that life is over, and I struggle to keep my mind busy.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I too have lower leg problems and thats why I walk. But I understand everyone can't walk for different reasons.
    I have diabetic peripheral neuropathy in my lower legs and if I don't walk it gets much worse.
    Sometims I almost feel like crting I don't want to go for walk or exercise but I make myself. I don't take meds of any kind but sometimes BP meds if its high. And 1x4 aspirin for 2 heart stent's. They threw me out of the office because I told them I couldn't take the Plavix, never to see the toon who put in 2 stents again. It wasn't buy one get one free either, they both vost $129,000 each. So as if I needed any help shortening my life, they put in stents that are proven to shorten it. Asiprin and exercise would have done the same thing as stents, my blockage was only 75% according to to them. Long story but I did not need stents they lied to me to put in,said they wern't going to do anything just go in look around. I woke up injected!

9. Richard Whiting

Registered

WOW ! You never gave written permission for them to insert stents ? Seems like you have grounds for a major lawsuit.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'm already nuts and I sure don't need the entanglement of a lawsuit. But your right and plus when your in the hospital your not in the mood to read their long paperwork. I took their word for it like a fool. But many people live long lived with stents.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

More doctors save lives than don't, Only a few aren't careful with their care. Many are wonderful people, so this is not about all doctors. I had some great ones. I'd say, just be involved in your care if you don't know your doctors.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Richard Whiting , sorry you have so many health issues. Have you tried concentrating on what you can do ? Regardless of how small it might be.
    I have few issues myself ,but still functional- lol well on a good day. At least you can talk and read the forum and create on line friends;)

13. Richard Whiting

Registered

Yes, I do those things I can still do. Always looking for new interests.