Purchased New Apple Macintosh Computer

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hal Pollner, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, Nikola Tesla was a great visionary, and placed the US and the World on AC power, instead of the previous DC which Edison championed. Instead of the Edison Company, our power provider should be called the Tesla Company.

That device I built is a Bonetti Machine, which has absolutely nothing to do with Tesla's High Frequency, High Voltage AC devices, whose primary voltages are lethal, although the secondary spectacular high voltage "lightning" displays are harmless.

My machine generates high DC voltages from the "Triboelectric Effect" of opposing counter-rotating acrylic discs generating large charges of electrons and storing them in capacitors until discharged by breaking down the air gap between the copper electrodes.

Mine develops up to 300,000 volts DC of charge, sufficient to jump the gap between the electrodes.

The design is a variation of the classic Wimshurst machine, except I use a small Van de Graaff generator as a "priming" source.

Hal

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

hmmmm...imagine that.
    Uh Hal, you already posted your machine on another thread and if you look back, I put a like on it.
    That said, I do like to play a bit.

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I'm aware that I posted my Bonetti Machine on another thread, but I posted it again because I thought it was appropriate to the discussion which you initiated regarding Tesla.

Hal