Racism

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Was not the entire 1968 DNC debacle the result of racism? Chicagoans (non-black) in general hated Blacks, Blacks savvy to promoting further unrest took full advantage, looting and shooting ensued, resulting in entire neighborhoods, mostly predominantly Black, being decimated. Mayor Daly called out the troops, but by then, the worst harm had been done.

I watched a black man, a business owner, interviewed on the news, weeping openly, asking how and why his own "people" could have done this to him. Looted his store, then set fire to it. During that time, Firemen attempting to quench the burning, were being fired upon from rooftops by citizens. Those snipers might have been outsiders, or hired killers, no one knew. Shooting at firemen, who were unarmed, obviously.

"you do know that it's possible to cite one thing that someone said without that being a validation of his entire life, don't you? "

Of course I do, but I fail to see how such consideration of "good done" should exonerate "the bad".
    Frank

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a single example illustrating Jackson's doubtful dedication to steadfast integrity:

"In 2006, Jesse Jackson promised the Rainbow/Push Coalition would pay the college tuition for Crystal Mangum. Mangum made false rape allegations against members of Duke University's men's lacrosse team who had hired her as a stripper. Jackson said it would not matter if Mangum fabricated her story; the tuition offer would still be good"

IOW, it would not matter if she were a criminal, the offer stands.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, it was about the War in Vietnam. Initially, "Clean Gene" McCarthy and Robert Kennedy were challenging Lyndon Johnson, the incumbent, for the Democrat nomination. LBJ dropped out, probably sensing that he was going to lose. Then Robert Kennedy, the front-runner, was assassinated, leaving the field open for McCarthy, who was running on an anti-war agenda.

Hubert Humphrey entered late in the race, and didn't even compete in any primaries, gathering his delegates through caucus states controlled by party leaders, and was basically handed the nomination by party insiders.

Think Bernie versus Hillary, only McCarthy's supporters were more engaged than Bernie's, and unwilling to accept their candidate being cheated out of the nomination.

There were Civil Rights protests going on in various places around the country, so it's quite possible that they took advantage of the chaos going on in Chicago as well, but the 1968 Democrat Convention protests were about the war.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Racism is being taught in the universities

Highfalutin university: Is God A White Supremacist? course

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree with this - racism will always be around because it's continually perpetuated
    We would only see change if everyone was treated equally - won't happen :(

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

CNN Displays Their Disgusting Racism on Live TV!

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Left controls pretty much every institution in America. If there is such a thing as institutional racism in this country, we know where the blame can be placed.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In the job description of the Vice-Presidency of the United States, there is no specification regarding race and gender because doing so would be a violation of the Civil Rights mandates.
    Yet, prior to the democratic presidential candidate’s pick, there were those within the DNC who insisted that Joe Biden’s running mate should be a woman and moreover, a black woman.

To me, the progressive party’s narrowing down of the field based on gender and race is a direct violation of the existing Civil Rights Laws.

9. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I grew up in Cambridge, MD, the seat of much racial strife in the 60s. As I grew into my teens I went to black civil rights events, KKK rallies, etc. Our town pool was owned by the local fire company. When they had to integrate it, most white people just stopped going.
    So,yes, I think black kids of a certain age had a disadvantage when it came to water sports, but those kids are older than the current crop of athletes. Things have changed for the better.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I just read that Dolly Parton is totally for BLM aka Black Lives Matter. This is her statement: "Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No. Everybody matters."

She has even gone as far as to rename her popular Tenn. and MO. tourist attraction from Dixie Stampede to Dolly Parton's Stampede.

12. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know what to think of that. I have both Trio albums with her, Emmy Lou Harris.and Linda Ronstadt. Angels all.

I guess she doesn't realize that saying 'All lives matter' is being taken as racist these days.

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, Dolly has never made any stance in regard to anything political. Saying that All Lives Matter in no way associates her with the BLM organization nor the implied sentiment that only black lives matter.

Now, as far as the name change, although I haven’t looked into it there is a chance that Dixie Stampede might have had to declare bankruptcy because of CV. If it did, then changing the name but keeping the business open gives her a definite financial edge especially in the way of creditor payments and taxation.
    Or, it could be something so simple as wishing not to cause any more undue waves dealing with the phony racial protests going on.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"Virtue Signaling Alert!!"

15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ah, was I being too easy on the dear lady?