Racist

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

When we lived in Parker, our neighbor across the street was a former Marine Sargent and he married a very nice Filipino lady whom he met while in the Philippine as a Marine. She made us a delicious shrimp and rice dish. The two were so nice to us, they invited us to their house for supper once and also invited us for their daughter's high school graduation dinner at a nice restaurant.

Thing is, believe it or not, in the Rocky Mountain and High Plains states, as well as when wife and I lived in So Calif., interracial marriages just aren't that popular...…...like here, between blacks and whites. A lot of black guys married to white ladies, but only a few white guys with black ladies.

Actually, both of us were really kind of surprised to see that George Lucas was married to an absolutely beautiful black lady. And, we know a black former multiple times World Champion Rodeo Roper (Fred Whitfield) who is married to a white gal and they have a beautiful daughter. Met him, his wife and daughter at an induction ceremony at the Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    Of course it's OK. Do you mean interracial marriages in northern Colorado into Wyoming are less prevalent due to lower numbers of minorities, or rather disinterest or even dislike of, interracial marriages?

How does one know whether these interracials are actually married? Especially where you reside now?
    Frank

3. Jane Smith

Jane Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't believe that inter racial marriage is even up for discussion in 2018. Who really cares who marries who? People. no matter their what ethnic background are just individuals and able to connect with anyone. My family consists of 7 different nationalities so far and makes for lots of fun and good food. If you define someone by their race you're missing the bigger picture.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

So true!!!

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you !

Jane Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

There is no such damn thing as a totally white human being! My oldest daughter had four kids-two boys- two girls.. the girls had children by black men. One son married a black woman, and has two children . My youngest daughter has two white sons- one married a black woman, has one child. My daughter remarried and had one child by a black man, a girl. I call the whole thing..my Oreo family, and laugh when anyone thinks of me a racists.
    i could go on and on about this subject- but it is tiring and useless to keep hashing it around.
    BTW my mother's sister married a japanese man and a filipino man ..no kids, and this was over 50 years ago at least. That to caused issues-for others.
    As for the Zebra...... he can go either way-black or white.:D

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Love that !

8. Jane Smith

Registered

Oreo Gloria? Maybe but to me sounds more like a keyboard.....ebony and ivory making music together lol

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Jane Smith

Registered

Why do they need to fall into any category other than they are your children? My opinion is it's pointless to get bogged down by labels.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Jane Smith

Registered

Sorry this was in reply to post 8 by Martin.

11. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have found the ones whom usually accuse others of race issues are usually the guilty parties especially on forums some just look for the chance to bring in the race card especially if most others dis agree with them usually gets a post locked on some sites. Most of my friends are dark skinned and foreign it took 1-2 years for all the racial walls to fall and then the kidding started to me my closest friends, we fish together every week, most are in some type of police or security work, state, federal and airline. Great people I even interact with their families. I did take time, the oreo I heard many times as well as you will never get a tan like mine, now we say anything to each other.
    Meant what I said on those introducing the race card, I saw it today.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Introducing ……...maybe ………..
    Not those who rebel against it

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife always thought she was mostly Mexican. Her mother was a Mexican citizen and they lived in New Mexico, with all of the traditions of Mexican culture. According to her DNA testing, she's more Swedish than anything else. Of course, like Canadian and American, Mexican is not considered to be a nationality trackable by DNA, but most of her DNA isn't Native American or even Spanish, but Scandinavian, English, and other European countries.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Basically, all I'm saying is that the demographics here in Jacksonville, Florida is VERY different than where we were in northern Colorado and up into southeastern Wyoming aka Cheyenne. During the week we spent in Loveland and Ft Collins we didn't see one interracial couple. Interracial meaning black and white, white and black, Asian and white and on and on. None.

Many folks here, that move here from demographics that are highly similar to Jacksonville, would call Loveland, Ft Collins, Cheyenne and other areas up there, racist, because the demographics is so, so different there.

IOW, up there is like darn near 100% different than here and most folks in Florida, East Coast and the South simply wouldn't like it where we were. Very, very little diversity and that's the way we like it and so do they up there.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That might have to do with the percentage of the population represented by blacks in Wyoming and Colorado. I don't see many interracial couples here in Maine either but, except for southern Maine, I don't see many black people. In northern Maine, I think some people actually call the police if they see a black person. Hopefully, the police don't respond to those calls but I have heard that they are received.

There are quite a few black people in southern Maine but most of them are recent immigrants from Somalia or their children. Because of language and cultural differences, as well as the fact that they mostly live in what have become Somalian neighborhoods, segregate themselves at school, don't work, and attend mosques rather than churches, there aren't a lot of interactions going on that would lead to interracial marriages.

In fact, in Lewiston-Auburn, where most of them are, most of the interactions involve white residents being pelted with bricks or stones if they dare even try to drive through these neighborhoods or to use what was once a city park. I don't live near there but I know people who do and, from what I understand, the people who came here from Somalia weren't much of a problem for the first ten or fifteen years, except for being a huge drain on the welfare and school systems. Due to a lawsuit, the Lewiston School District has had to hire people to translate for students in 21 languages, I think it was. The biggest problems are their children, who were born here. Spurred on by a general attitude of lawlessness in this country, Lewiston-Auburn is no longer a place that you want to drive through, let alone move to.