Radio Reception In An Apartment

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Kitty Carmel, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:09 PM.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

My reception is not good for news talk. I can get the local FOX station but the station I want to listen to is in San Francisco. About 3 hours from me, by car. Reception in the car is good and I could get them in clearly when I lived in a stand alone house.

I have researched online the C. Crane radios. They are not cheap. However I can find no definitive answer if they work better in an apartment and I have tried searching several times and looked at a number of we pages.

Anyone know anything about these? Or the best radio for AM within an apartment with I guess a lot of interference. Thanks in advance.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Many radio stations (and television stations) are now available online, and you can listen through your computer, @Kitty Carmel . My husband likes to listen to talk radio, and i think that he uses iHeartRadio to find the stations that he likes to listen to.
    We have an iPad; but I am sure that the same thing would also work on a regular computer, it just might be more complicated to find the stations without the app to do it.
    Anyway, it is worth a try, and then you do not have to worry about buying an expensive radio, or antenna, and can listen to any radio station , anywhere.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.