Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, May 15, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane
    I had a random thought today that I was gonna post here - but I've forgotten it :p

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I was just thinking how difficult it is to get an accurate picture of a specific color with my camera. I'm going to take a few items outside to try to get a better representation of their actual colors, because the indoor pictures are all over the place.

@Patsy Faye It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's very forgetful. I tend to blame it on the Fibro Fog.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

My random thought is a random question I guess, but still random. I wonder can you put a dog on your life insurance policy? :oops:o_O

Diane Lane and K E Gordon like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

People have left their fortunes to their beloved pets in their wills, but from what i have read, it usually does not turn out well. Someone has to be a caretaker for both the pet and the money; so the pet ends up not being properly taken care of, and the caretaker enjoys the benefits.
    I don't know that you can make a pet the beneficiary of an insurance policy, and if you can, it would be the same as if you make a child the beneficiary.
    An adult would have to administer the account. If the administrator is doing their job, then the money would be used as it was intended; but most of the stories that you read about where someone left a lot of money to their pet, or an underage person, things did not work out well .

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I imagine the caretaker gets pretty jealous of the pet in question. That could lead to some bad blood. I think I will stick to leaving whatever I have left at the end of my life to two legged animals, whether or not they deserve it...That is a question for another day.!

6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

My dog Izzy has had three cateract surgeries, and he takes meds for allergies, so he need regular veterinary care. I have someone that loves him, and want to care for him if I pass, but I don't want to cause them any financial stress. I wanted a portion to be set aside for his medical needs.

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder
    Seems reasonable and I'm sure would work fine
    How are you gal - been thinking of you :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

[QUOTE="Diane Lane, post: 82549,

@Patsy Faye It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's very forgetful. I tend to blame it on the Fibro Fog.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this - I had another random thought this morning that I wanted to post and again I've forgotten what it was
    I'm gonna have to write them down ! :eek: :p

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I wonder if all golf balls are the size of hailstones?

10. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I wonder if I'll ever get the hang of being of living on my own?

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder
    I hope you do - have you a pet, great company
    Any hobbies ?
    It would be hard for me - music would be my company

Ike Willis likes this.
  12. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Hi @Patsy Faye ,
    Yes I have my 4 year old yorkie/chihuahua, and he makes each day special.

As far as hobbies goes I have done everything from sewing, embroidery, horticulture, pottery, pan pastel portraits, and many more different types of art. Now I am working on becoming a good weaver. I am using a 48" ridged heddle loom.

The problem is that I tend to be a quite singular, and I isolate myself at home to much. For the last year and a half, I've been trying to socialize with others and get involved with the world around me, but it just seems to give me anxiety.

I am just having a bit of a hard time figuring out what life holds for me now that my husband and sons have passed. So I'm just going to be quiet inside and see what comes from it.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder
    I'm sad reading your post, I'm the same - tend to isolate since my health problems
    I wonder though if you would like an art class - like minded people .............
    There are avenues out there when the time is right and you feel the urge to make that move :)
    Your dog is just the ticket right now xx

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder I hope you do adjust to being alone. Your grandson visits now and then, doesn't he? I think being quiet inside might be a good thing, stillness leaves a vacuum for ideas and inspiration. How is your weaving coming along, by the way, and how did you fare with the recent rains? I hope better than last time. Perhaps you could set it up so a portion of the insurance could go into a trust and funneled to the veterinary office as needed for care? It sounds like a good idea to me.

@Patsy Faye I also isolate a lot more since my health and financial issues have arisen. It's not always healthy, but it's easier than answering a bunch of questions that can be exhausting and invasive.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - that's the problem for me too, so many questions and 'why don't you' ...........
    I feel like wearing a sandwich board sometimes that lists me ailments and 'why' I can't do certain things :p

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.