Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, May 15, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Just for you, @Sacheen BrightEagle :D I'm torturing myself... I went to the store this morning, much too early to beat the heat... and I FORGOT not only my Fast Break, but the chocolate chips I was going to buy. Not very happy right now! :(

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

And cans of tuna... the 6 oz cans are now 5 oz. And many of the Subway 6" subs now measure 5".

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I never @Mari North - everything is shrinking, including meself - stand up straight Patsy ! :p

Mari North likes this.
  4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

My random thought is I wonder why I am not thinking any random thoughts!:p:D My mind is a blank!

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha ! Well makes a change don't it :p

6. K E Gordon

Registered

Lie on the floor Patsy Faye and stretch out your spine. I think that can help. It is supposed to. I do it when I remember to. I remember a few years ago when I saw my great Aunt, now deceased, I was really surprised to see she was shorter than I was, because her normal height was about 3 inches taller. I said Auntie you've shrunk, she said Don't I know it!

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

@K E Gordon - actually I've not decreased in height much at all, which is good so far considering I have a degenerative
    back condition
    I do a stretch every morning - so that should help :)

K E Gordon likes this.
  8. K E Gordon

Registered

You may want to consider doing some gentle yoga as well. I would like to take a class in that. The library had yoga last year, I am pretty sure standard yoga would be a bit too intense for me, at least at first, but gentle yoga would likely be right up my alley. I think I will look around and see if I can find some. THere is a rec center here that may have it..There is a studio near here...theyoffer a free week, but then their main prices are high.

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never even heard of a Fast Break. That's amazing, considering I like Reese's products a lot. I ate a doughnut yesterday, and it was delicious. It was filled with lemony (not like lemon jelly, but more creamy) stuff and satisfied a craving.

K E Gordon likes this.
  10. K E Gordon

Registered

I have seen Fastbreak, but not sure if I have ever tried one or not. I can not believe the price of candy bars these days..! Soon you will have to take out a mortgage to buy one! This one cheap o grocery store I shop at has large size dark chocolate bars for like a 1.00 a piece. I like to buy those because it isn't something I am going to gobble down, they are fairly healthy..and they last me a long time.

11. Diane Lane

Registered

I love Sundays. Although I do have some work to do later, I'm enjoying sitting here and listening to the birds. The sunlight is filtered through the curtains, and it seems like the perfect day of rest to me.

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm the opposite, I hate Sundays as it's the most boring day of the week for me. I seldom go out on Sunday and TV sucks too.

I like Monday.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - Feel a little sad at your post, I love the birdies and when we moved here was so happy that we had a superb
    singing blackbird, his range was second to none - I loved that bird
    I looked forward to him coming each year where he would perch right at the top of the tree opposite, it looked like a huge
    Christmas tree
    Then - one day, I saw it being chopped down to a quarter of its height - no top for him to perch on and that was it
    never saw Pepe again ..............
    But, I'm pleased for you - can't beat bird song ..................

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Registered

Sorry to hear that @Patsy Faye :(. The guy across the street diagonally plus one used to have a very tall palm tree that I loved. I really enjoyed seeing it, and would take pictures of it against the sky, every so often. Last year, he had it chopped down, and I feel as if I've lost my landmark. The birds loved that tree, as well, so now they hang out on the other neighbor's feeders more. I haven't fed the birds here much lately, in the hope that the squirrel family would move on, but I think I'll put out some water and seeds for them today.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

My random thought for today is.

Isn't it ironic? The living have never experienced this certainty that we call death, yet we are as certain of it's existence as though we have seen it. In contrast, life, which we see in and around us as a certainty, we call it a passing phase.