Republicans Take The Senate, Dems Take The House

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Miss direction is sometimes the name of the game. Sessions is now being replaced and the panic in DC has started. They though as long as Sessions was in there and recused there was no chance Mueller could be touched. Now the game has changed all Mueller's info has to go through the new replacement.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In a way, I understand the feeling of total apathy regarding the election since no matter what the election results were in the past, everything fell vastly short of our expectations.
    Even when the House changed over to a Republican majority during the Obama administration, they did very little if anything to improve the House but kept the status quo of sitting on their hands.

But, I still have to have a little hope that this time will be different. The government is split which means the House and Senate has to sink or swim, one aiding the other or separately drowning.
    I have to care because the opposite helps no one and does nothing for anyone and hopefully our new congress feels the same.

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

huh?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

But @Bobby Cole as you well know, Republicans and Democrats act differently in power and out. Republicans are more "gentlemanly" in their behavior, as there is little screaming, name calling and threatening under Republicans. That is part of what upsets the Dems about Trump. He is the first Republican President to fight back; they punched and punched at G.W, Bush,criticized everything he did, and they even wore "Assassinate Bush" hats and T-shirts. He never fought back. Dems would never tolerate that behavior directed at Clinton or Obama. Bush's medical records and service records were demanded of Bush and he complied without a fight. Obama's health records and academic records were both sealed and never released. The House will now go after Trump's tax records with a subpoena. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it is a great sign. Where they brought in all the Hollywood starts they failed. Where they dumped millions of dollars to a candidate it failed. These are great signs now control the illegal voting and you will have a winner.

Joe Riley, Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole

Apathetic, yes, I am. With regard to my heritage's cultural positions, my former life-long respect (ill-founded, it turned out) for the leadership of my country, inherited by birth through Slavic Immigrants whose personal mores far exceeded any seen in Washington, the decline which became gradually evident to me while observing the "Clinton Shenaniganry" followed by the alleged treasonous activities widespread during those 8 years, fueled further by the allegations against Pres. Bush by his successor, admitting to the contagiousness of national apathy encompassing it all now.......I have "caved-in" to it, literally. Why? Because after many decades, I realized my agonies fueled self-doubt, stymied my expressiveness, affected me very health.

Thinking of things other than Current Political Events is good for me.
    Frank

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Who among us can pass up FREE TACOS?

[​IMG]

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The Republicans took the Senate and the Democrats took the House, but I'll just take a double Bacardi and Coke with crushed ice.

Hal

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My first thought when I knew the results...is that once again nothing will get done for the next couple of years. Sink or swim would be preferable to stagnation which is what we had with Obama the second time around. Will Trump settle for getting "nothing" done for the rest of his term..or will he find a way to keep moving forward even if the House does its best to hold him back. For the first time in a long time I can actually say if Trump can't find a way to move forward...then I don't think anyone can because he is the first President in ages that actually wants to move forward in my opinion.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump can still make judicial appointments. and make rules by executive fiat similar to what Obama did to bypass Congress.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Very true Don, but unlike Obama, until some of the liberal federal court judges are replaced, President Trump will have problems with the court system stymying some of his executive orders.
    That added to the fact that anyone going against D.Trump isn’t considered a racist makes it even harder.

Still, it’s hopeful that a couple of the more centered Democrats in the House can at least “talk” with the other side of the isle instead of stonewalling everything that comes down the pike just because it might be a republican initiative.

All that said, I think the main problem we have is that there are already enough laws on the books such as the immigration issue that aren’t being enforced properly. It’s the executive branch that is responsible for enforcing our federal laws so maybe the President can make a bigger dent in that area.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One by one, the Democrats, through cheating, are decreasing the GOP's majority in the Senate.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.