Restaurant Cleanliness

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - report it if nothing else.. I am with you on this one,as I am a bit picky in this area. one I detest is opening the lid to condiments with built up junk all over it. Um and nasty feeling salt and pepper shakers. I won't go back and or will alert the waitress.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

But, just think of all of those folks who aren't bothered by this stuff. Then, when you do have to ask a manager or waitress to sweep up something, you really wonder why you have to ask them in the first place. Or, are some restaurants more interested in "cattle call", meaning "get them in, seated, served and out of here". More interested in money than cleanliness.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to be a clean freak but not being able to get down very well (I loved washing floors on my hands and knees, believe it or not) I am less able to do the cleaning as I would like. And I can't yell or nag at people trying to help with it.:confused:

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - there are many reason things get on tidy. Workers who do not show up, or short handed to name two.If there is actual food in the floor manager needs to be aware because that could mean a law suit should someone fell. Crumbs in the floor is of a lesser evil . Write Yelp reviews - nicely stating your concerns. You would be surprised how some will compensate you for you review.

John Brunner likes this.