Rich People Food

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I was feeling high on the hog one day when in Toronto and went to a fancy steak house. We sat down the waiter came over and asked what we wanted. I ordered a T bone he asked me rare or medium-rare, I was waiting for more choices but there was none. At that time I would have loved a well done or just a medium. You would think if their business was only steak, they would make them how you like them

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, I would have had no problem giving them some other options. Although I like steak, I seldom get it at a steakhouse, and for just that reason. When I order it well-done at a steakhouse, it is still served with blood on it.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's insane, isn't it?

I got roped through my job into paying for dinner at a fancy French restaurant ($100 in the early 80s) and must have used the wrong fork for my salad (there were 3 forks and I didn't want to be there in the first place.) The waiter made an exaggerated point of taking the dirty fork off of my plate, putting it back on the table, and picking up the clean [proper] fork I should have used and taking it away. I guess our stories undermine that whole "make us feel important" part of what I thought we were paying for.

I was with coworkers and my boss, so could not say what needed to be said, nor could I short everyone else on the aggregate tip. Of course, had it not been for one of those coworkers, I would never have walked into the establishment in the first place.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I sold Avon products for many years and was always in what they called the “presidents club” so that entitled me to get picked up by a (shared ) stretch limo from home to travel 35 km into the city to the very upmarket Stamford grand hotel for a evening meal / boring speeches .

We were served about 8 different corses most consisted of a big plate with a swirl of gravy or sweet sauce ( depending on the food ) with a little prawn and maybe an oyster sitting in the middle of the plate
    I didn’t like the food at all ..I like to be able to identify what I’m eating and IMO allot of it was “who knows what ? as well as allot of processed foods like hams / bacon / fancy sausage stuff full of chemicals which we don’t buy / eat

I’d much rather have a plain meat and veg meal anytime.

Avon is no longer sold in Australia
    Adelaide city river Torrens with Stamford grand

6ADE5A48-4962-4334-B4B1-58D50562A313.jpeg

Nancy Hart and John Brunner like this.