Roll Call

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Hedi Mitchell, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thank ya’ll for your concerns and I love ya but I’m taking a HUGE break and doing some content writing instead whilst making a buck or two at the same time.

I’ve been here since the very start some 5 years ago and to be quite candid, I like writing about my faith and I like forming a dialog about politics and even like getting into the conspiracies now and then but lately .....not here.
    It’s in my nature to fight against bullies both physically and with the written word but it has happened so often here lately that I feel like I am unintentionally becoming like them and that isn’t good for both myself and this forum.

Bottom line is that whilst I may poke my head in now and then I would rather take a vacation and remain a somewhat stoic but loving individual instead of allowing myself to become what I detest the most in a person.

I’ll be around. No drama with disappearing avatars. Just not as much because I’m really, really “digging” writing good stuff again! Love ya’ll!!

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just need to add that you are indeed a main topic of our prayers Beth. Not to be redundant but like i wrote before.....Love ya.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I appreciate that more than you'll ever know. Don't stay away long, ya hear?

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Where the heck is @Ed Wilson ??? I miss seeing that soup can around these parts.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Paging @Von Jones . We are missing you so I hope you'll check in soon. I want an update on projects and the flea market!! :D

6. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

check in here all ok

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey everyone... I've been away for a while when recently the oldest of my nieces and nephews and one of two nieces died after waiting for a heart transplant. She and her brother were very close and he is taking her death very hard as is Mom.

I have been busy outside with yard work just to make myself available to my sister.

I also attending my grandson's eighth grade graduation this past Saturday. You may think okay? Well, it's a lot when you have to care for your spouse and yourself to get ready for occasions like that.

I have popped in a few times but not long enough to respond to posts.

I will share an experience that my sister videoed after her daughter's death. One of her granddaughters had ventured out to the end of the driveway near the street. A blackbird landed beside her. The little one stood there in wonder of the blackbird and then sat down and was talking to it. The bird never flinched. Then it started walking up toward the house and the little one followed behind. Halfway up the driveway the bird paused as if waiting for the little one to catch up which she did and took the lead toward the house. The bird was still for a few seconds and then flew away. My sister in tears said to me 'Von that's Tasha.' I agreed.

And one for myself :). I opened my door to check for mail and sitting in my chair was a blackbird just sitting there. Immediately my sister's video popped into my head. Me with my lighthearted self started talking to the bird as it was playing with one of my craft flowers that I had forgotten to pack away earlier. It just sat there what seemed like minutes but was probably just seconds before it flew away.

So I have been remembering my niece...:(

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Delightful story, @Von Jones despite the sad event.

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Von. I'm so sorry about your niece. What a wonderful story about the blackbird.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So sorry for your family's loss, Von. :( I'm glad you checked in but it sounds like you have your hands full. I loved the story of the blackbird(s). Take care of yourself.

Bobby Cole and Von Jones like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Been missing you @Von Jones and sorry about the family death. I was hoping you were doing a secret DIY. Wonderful story of the blackbird and wish your beautiful family healing and peace. I am always interested in your DIY's.

12. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Von Jones so sorry for your loss. Glad to know your still with us here on the forum Von:)

Von Jones and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Lois is coming back soon, everyone !
    She messaged me that she lost her password, and she said that she contacted @Ken Anderson and he is sending her a temporary one so that she can get back in the forum.
    Ken has been gone, but now that he is back to send her the password, Lois should be coming back again.

15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

That's super