Roll Call

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Hedi Mitchell, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I had to do that when they did my neck and head MRI. Once without contrast and again with contrast.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I had the neck & head done in the regular way, except I had to wear that hideous plastic mask thing.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

One hospital here has one of those that also does biopsies on the boobs hanging through the table. I am told the biopsies are totally painless as the robot is guided by the MRI and is lightening fast. It may not work on lesions close to the chest wall though.

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

According to the women on the BC forum, the MRI guided biopsies are the worst. Very painful and much-dreaded procedure. Thankfully I didn't have one but I had a ultrasound-guided biopsy that was fairly easy.

Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

No personal knowledge, but I heard from patients here that they were painless. I obviously don't know personally, but perhaps if you move....

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Does anyone know what happened to Frank Sanoica?

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I know that Frank was quite down about his health issues and the financial strain the treatment was causing. After he posted about that he kind of slipped away from us. Faye has his email and has reached out to him a few times but he hasn't responded. Naturally we are fearful and wish he felt like checking in if he is able.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No word from Frank. He hasn't appeared in the obits yet, so that is good. Last I heard from him, his state of mind wasn't good. I can imagine because he was so talented and did so many things and then just like that, his health took all that away. He also shared a computer with his wife, so his online time was limited.

The last I heard, he said my email was the high light of his day. While that made me feel of use to humanity, it also made me feel very sad. He also said he slept most of the time.

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yeah, he sent me a PM concerning his state of mind as well. I miss his presence here.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Where the heck is Joe Riley?? Who's running the coffee shop?

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I banned him. I asked for hot, black coffee and he served me iced coffee with cream and sugar. There's no excuse for that. More seriously, I hope he's okay.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Where's my bud, @Tony Page ?? I hope he's busy moving back into his home and just doesn't have time to waste with us.

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth Hi,
    How are you doing?
    I wish we were moving into the house that would be great, contractor says not till the end of July to the second week of August.
    Have been extremely busy, but that's no excuse for not visiting SOC on occasion, I should have at least reviewed my alerts, just felt overwhelmed.
    I had this weird illness that started in the middle of April and lasted till the June. I could not sleep more than an hour at a time because I'd wake up choking could not breathe no air, because of the head and chest congestion, I would get out of bed and sit on the couch and dose. It was weird because I get fevers up to 102 on and off during the day. The doctor gave me two rounds of antibiotics and steroids, the second was the stronger dose seemed to work, got rid of the fever, reduced the coughing.
    My wife, daughter and I have been shopping for vanities, faucets, lighting fixtures, tile, paint chips, whatever is necessary to support the refurbishment effort. We're also shopping for furniture, appliances and putting them on delivery hold until we need them, so far we got our mattress, and our grandsons bunk bed.
    Wife and daughter got me two different walkers because I fell a few times my back has got a lot worse, I'm constantly bent. Many times while shopping I'm just not in the mood to walk around so I'll stay in the car, my wife and/or daughter will go into the store.
    The house has been a constant effort either with paperwork or monitoring what's going on in there, I have to inspect it every night after work is done found a number of things missed or done wrong.
    I have gone on to SOC without logging in just to see what the threads are, some look very interesting.
    My Daughter works for the Schools she'll be off for the summer, That will be a big help around here.
    I'm going to look at the alerts now Try to catch up at least with them.
    I hope everyone is doing well I haven't been reading all the details.
    Tony

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hi there, mister! So good to "see" you! I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. I'm sorry to hear of your mystery illness and I hope you are feeling much better now. What a lot of work and effort you and your family have had to put into the house. I know you will all be relieved and happy once it's done and you are moved it.

Check in when you can. We all know how it is to be busy, but we like to keep tabs on each other! I hope Mrs. Tony continues to do well, too. Take care.

15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

My wife is doing well considering sometimes the stress level between the insurance company and our private adjuster is through the roof. So many things fall through the seam that we have to straighten out, especially with the utility companies. One section of the living room looks like an office with stacks and boxes of paper, I'm so glad she's got the filing under control.