Ruby Is In The Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Terry Page, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Bonnie, my father died when I was 12 and my mother when I was 15. They were very young and it was illness in both cases, so the loss began for me, even before they passed.

I feel for you in your childhood unhappiness because when young, relations with our parents affect us so very deeply. Your mother was distant, mine was dead. Equally painful.

My early childhood was happy even though I was an only child. I had advantages and my parents were good to me. After they got sick, it was indeed painful.

It affected the person I've become with fear making commitments mostly as a young adult.

Bonnie I appreciate your kind comments to me. We've been friends for quite awhile now and I hope to remain so because I feel the same about you.

2. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Shirley, love your hat!

Yes, married twice, one child, 2 grandsons. Now divorced. I feel it was my second marraige that was the "real" one.

Karen McKenzie and Joe Riley like this.
  3. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I was also young when my parents died and I sometimes have the sense that I've lived my life the wrong way round as a result. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but what I mean is that I did stuff like going to university later in life and working as a volunteer at a later age than many of my colleagues. Is this something that you've found?

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

All of us seem to have some glitch in our childhoods. I also like Shirley's hat, is it your Easter Bonnet, Shirley?

Ruby, I see you were born in CT and live there now. Have you lived anywhere else?

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ruby, what is your favorite way to eat an egg? Describe your perfect breakfast, if you would.;)

6. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Tom, you went to university later in life and did volunteer work later in life , but at least you did these things. You should be commended!

I blew my education entirely, yes, I feel because I was just too mixed up and wanted my own family more.

7. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Yes, Chrissy. I'm Ruby one-note. Except for about 8 months in PA with relatives after my mother passed, I've lived in CT all my life. It's the place to be! ;)

Chrissy Cross and Joe Riley like this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ruby,the two qualities that I like most about you, is your loyalty, and your sense of humor. Where did they come from?;)

Lara Moss likes this.
  9. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Joe, Egg Salad!

Perfect breakfast, The one YOU make with bacon an maple syrup. Otherwise- Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on white bread with Hellman's mayonnaise. Coffee.

(Other option; leftover New Haven style pizza, but it must be New Haven style.)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Karen McKenzie and Joe Riley like this.
  10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

You are an excellent poster Ruby and add so much to the forum experience for myself and others here, how long have you been doing it?

11. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Joe, Thank you. I was lucky to have funny and witty people around me from the beginning and throughout most of my life.It was a way of life, to find something to laugh about. I've always loved comedy.

Loyalty, now...there have been a few times when I have been dis-loyal, and I will always feel ashamed of those times. I don't know, I guess it's one of those values that get instilled when young.

12. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you Ruby for that, and really sorry for what you endured
    .... and like mentioned by others .... Your sense of humor is tops. Love it!
    Sometimes when a person has to do 'something', laughing is better than crying.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  13. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Terry, you're very kind to say that.

I guess I began my career as a forum blabbermouth in the summer of 2014.

Honestly, I think others posts are far more interesting, and it's hard to top yours with all your thrilling travels!

Terry Page likes this.
  14. Ruby Begonia

Registered

You are so right, Bonnie! :)

15. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

Ruby..your kind and generous spirit shines through in your posts. You have been through much in your life and kept that sense of humor..I admire that.

Ok I have to ask what "New Haven Style" pizza is :)

Also, my one grandma was named Ruby..and she was a beautiful person..I live the name :)