Salt Not Bad

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, May 24, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Salt which is essential got vindicated again with more published studies. It seems that every time the medical system comes out with you should not eat this or that it is proven wrong.

Now they are saying low salt can cause heart attack and stroke. It is obvious you need salt for proper digestion and without proper digestion you cannot get your nutrition that your body needs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...stroke-claims-controversial-new-research.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/salt-diet-heart-disease-death-lancet-a7040546.html

http://www.hngn.com/articles/199669...cted-increases-heart-disease-death-stroke.htm

2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, the body needs salt. I think most people get way more salt than they need though through processed foods. The fact that so many of us seem to be in love with processed foods is the reason that most of us end up getting way more salt than we need into our system. This is just one of the sad facts of life. However, there has to be a happy medium in vital salts and those that are way overdone.

Patsy Faye and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Once one has lost the sensate ability to smell fragrance, as I have, his ability to taste also goes "round the bend", as mine has. But, salty, sweet, and sweet-sour are still discernible, so I LIKE salt!
    Frank

4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I prefer salt over sweet honestly, but it's all good to me unforunately. I do like a good brownie as much as the next gal. The combination of them say in like a salted caramel concoction or a dish of ice cream that has a little bit of everything is, is quite great. I guess that we have to change our tastebuds a bit so that we like say a carrot as much as a bowl of chips..hmm..carrots are good, but I have never preferred them over potato chips. Kale chips..yeah they can be tasty..but work compared to ripping open a bag of chips and feasting.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Your body seems to know what you need like they give animals salt blocks [which is mineral block] and the vets don’t tell them they are only aloud to have one or two licks they use it until they are satisfied and then they quit. I guess cow know more than people because we listen to someone else and not to our own body.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

The 'experts' are always changing their minds on the issues of foods - good/bad
    So, we have to use our own judgement - too much of anything is not good

Martin Alonzo and K E Gordon like this.