Science

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is a really informative article, @Martin Alonzo , and I thiank you for posting the link. It did very plainly describe the $1.7 million dollars that Proctor and Gamble gave to the American Heart Association; so I can't imagine how anyone reading the article could miss that part ?
    We usually do not have any trouble associating the word "donation" as meaning "bribe" when it refers to political donations from the giant corporations who need a favor from the government; so it should be just as easy to understand the term in this usage as well.

Cholesterol is what our brain functions on, and when our brain does not have the needed cholesterol, then we suffer from a loss of brain function, such as Alzheimers Disease, and doctors are now starting to change their advise about prescribing so many of the cholesterol-lowering drugs, which for many years now has been one of the most prescribed drugs , especially for older people. It is not coincidence that this obsession with these drugs also coincides with the Alzheimer's epidemic.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There is a difference in the word bribe and give, Yvonne.

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is from the WSJ the AHA was an insignificant organisation before than after it became very big and changed its opinion of saturated fats why would they do that? The board member Dr. Keys of P&G also a board member of the AHA made the deal. If a association changes direction after accepting money and goes with the people who gave the money you do not need to have the word bribe on the money.

All of these got a boost from the American Heart Association—which Procter & Gamble, the maker of Crisco oil, coincidentally helped launch as a national organization. In 1948, P&G made the AHA the beneficiary of the popular "Walking Man" radio contest, which the company sponsored. The show raised $1.7 million for the group and transformed it (according to the AHA's official history) from a small, underfunded professional society into the powerhouse that it remains today.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That was their fault for choosing a spooky logo. I see they've changed it, though.
    p-g1.jpg
    Procter-Gamble-logo.gif

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Trying to belittle it Poor P&G with this bad science/lie they have killed more people than any wars and the ignorance that some people have to the facts. They should be brought up on charges of acts against humanity.

About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that's 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. And across the world it is millions.

I guess some people on the board have not had family die from a heart attack that could have been prevented had we known what they have found out now.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

No, I haven't had anybody in my family die of a heart attack, we must be doing something right. I also wouldn't blame Proctor and Gamble if they had.