Seems That All Labs Are Still Estimating Some Cholesterol Fractions

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Boris Boddenov, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Regarding life expectancy. I believe that there are three determinants of same.

1) The most important is genetics.

2) Luck, i.e., not being in the wrong place at the wrong time. E.g., you're held up in a traffic jam and unable to attend an early meeting at work, at which a disgruntled employee walked in and opened up with an automatic rifle.

3) Lifestyle which includes having an open mind about modern medicine and making thoughtful decisions about same, in addition to the usual advice about diet, exercise, no texting while driving, abstinence from tobacco, yada, yada, yada.

2. Boris Boddenov

Registered

Following up on OP ...

Fact: Excess fruit consumption inhibits the body's ability to remove triglycerides.

Conclusion: eating excess fruit is a risk for ischemic heart attacks and CVAs. HUH?????

Or does this reinforce the opinion that VLDL should be measured directly, rather than simplistically dividing TriG by 5?

3. Boris Boddenov

Registered

Not to belabor this but my brother's medico wants to put him on statins simply because his LDL exceeds 110 as derived from the magic formula. All other tests, screenings, etc. are WNL. His HDL/LDL ratio is excellent. He's lean, skied and scuba-ed until a few yrs ago and still at 66 plays volleyball and fast-pitch softball and consumes very little meat and dairy (if that means anything).

Oh yeah, he consumes more fruit than Koko the Gorilla.

John Brunner likes this.