Shame On The Christians For A Trump Loss

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joseph Carl, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's logical and consistent for progressives to vote for Biden, even if he is incompetent or crooked, because his supporting party represents their liberal values. It's also understandable why many moderates would favor Biden over Trump, due to the media's success in vilifying him as the most evil man since Hitler.

What I don't understand are Christians who would support Biden over Trump. Some will blame Trump's supposed racism, hatred, intolerance, and despicable nature as their justification for voting against him. But others always vote for the Democrat candidate, regardless of how bad he is or how good the Republican candidate is. They in fact choose liberal values over conservative values. To this point, I'd suggest that they have betrayed their faith, along with the traditional American values that made this the most blessed, prosperous, free nation in world history. Let me explain this important concept to all liberal supporting Christians.

Despite teaching and growing belief to the contrary, America was founded and built as a Christian nation with our founding fathers repeatedly stating that the security and prosperity of our nation depended upon the belief in God and support for Christian virtue (morality) more than anything else. And up until about 60 years ago, such belief and Christian values shaped our families and culture, supplemented along the way by Government actions. Since then however, we've experienced a steady trend of secularization that's taken God out of the public arena.

What's apparently unclear to many Christians is what force of government is steering our country from a Christian nation to a secular nation - one that publicly opposes God, belief in the Bible, objective morality, and traditional American values. Anyone open to the facts though should have no problem determining the positions that distinguish conservatives from liberals.

Since the 1947 Supreme Court Ruling of Everson vs Board of Education, liberal justices (and hundreds of lower court judges) have been steadily eliminating Christianity from the government, educational system, and public arena. This has been accomplished so pervasively that the vast majority of misguided Americans now accept the notion of separation of church and state as a historical premise - though it directly opposes the written beliefs of our founding fathers, America's established jurisprudence system, and 300 years of government actions supporting Christian beliefs and values. Who's responsible for this major secular trend that favors Atheism over Christianity? For the Supreme Court that now rules over state religious matters, it's the U.S. President. And its inarguable that conservative presidents attempt to appoint justices respecting the founding fathers' intentions and traditional Christian American values, versus liberal presidents that appoint justices favoring social progressive reform over original constitutional values. With some exceptions, liberal justices are appointed by Democrats whereas conservative justices are appointed by Republicans. Given this, the Democrat party is most guilty of actively restricting Christianity and promoting Atheism within America for the past half century via the executive branches of government.

Let's consider moral values of the past half century. Is there anyone ignorant of the huge divide between liberals and conservatives on abortion, homosexuality, and transgender issues? (And let Christians not forget that the first two were just cause for God to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah.) Granted, there are liberal Republicans who stand on the wrong side of these issues, but as a general rule, Democrat leaders overwhelmingly support values that conflict with God's objective moral standards divinely written in the Bible.

Unfortunately, many Christians today have been mislead through evolutionary teaching and discrediting of the Bible's authority, causing them to disregard its moral standards. In the name of perceived tolerance or religious diversity they have substituted God's Word for Man's Word. They have chosen cultural trends over eternal truth. In effect, they have betrayed their Christian faith by disregarding its scriptural foundations - and helped degrade a Christian nation in the process.

Christians are called upon to elect Godly leaders. And while people would be justified in opposing Trump's arrogant, offensive nature, a whole thread could be written defending him as a non-racist who has done more for Christianity within this nation and worldwide than any president since Ronald Reagan. But that's not the point. The point is that political leaders come and go and they all have flaws. What matters most isn't who speaks the nicest or acts the most presidential. Rather, it's the values that they hold for steering the country's direction - which tends to be significantly left or right.

Christians should care more about holding onto America's Christian heritage, moral values, and God's blessing as a nation than global warming, gun control, Covid, or other important but non-biblical issues. Given this, there's little excuse for them supporting the Democrat agenda which openly opposes God and Christian virtue for the nation. For those of you who didn't vote for Trump, you've helped Satan in the battle for America's heart. You might reconsider your priorities next time around.

2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

You are just plain wrong from the first letter to your final period.

Trevalius Guyus and Mary Robi like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So.......you’re saying that Christians SHOULDN’T retain moral values?

Now Peter, do tell me where you attained your Christian training. Oxford perhaps? Bob Jones University maybe?
    Or are you just plain guessing again and decided to rail against someone else with some retired government employee’s (mailman) perspective on how Christians should react?

In Christian studies, we are taught to perform something called an “expository”. It literally means to “expose” or make clear.
    So, since you’ve suddenly turned into a super studied theologian, why would @Joseph Carl’s analysis be incorrect? On which Biblical basis or term would you say is an incorrect translation or transition as it were from scripture?

Now, do forgive me for judging but from my past experiences with you and your methodology in the fine art of hatred and the ability to butcher the English language, why are you answering someone concerning their Christian ideals when it is obvious you lack the knowledge to debate Christianity?

Again......no research and just the need to try to bully yet another member here.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Joseph Carl and Al Amoling like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

BS....Biden is no more evil or corrupt than all the past or present government officials..presidents included. Just say'en ;)

Trevalius Guyus and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, there is a lot of merit to what you are saying Gloria and whilst it is true that “there is none righteous, no not one”, can we say, in a secular sense that some are more corrupt than others?
    I write, “secular” because in a Biblical reality, whilst all sins are condemnable the world seems to differentiate between one type of corruption / evil and another whilst scripture really doesn’t have levels of sin, sans one.

6. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, evangelical supporters have pointed out many reasons for the Christians vote Republican. For example, his Supreme Court nominees, his defense of religious liberty, his support of Israel, and his stewardship of the economy and his ability and steadfastness to stand up to newsmen who accused him falsely of many misdeeds. Yet, Donald Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and his moral deficiencies have been in focus for all to see. Sure, he has a lot of positives, so much so that 80% of evangelicals got his vote, but can those balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character?

As a Christian and an Independent, I’ve been struggling with many of my evangelical friends as to why I have been vilified and criticized so much for questioning Trump’s misspeaking episodes that have landed him in lots of mistrust because of off-handed social intercourse. One example, and it was hard for me to accept, was his calling of our military men and women of past wars “suckers and losers”. (I had many relatives who served in wars – an uncle who was on a ship sunk by a Japanese sub, a cousin who landed on Omaha Beach, another who was in the Battle of the Bulge) This was typical of his habitual strings of mis-characterizations, lies, and slanderous name calling.

I find nowhere in the Bible where God gave any of his greatest servants, such as Moses, a “mulligan” or two; that is, looking over and ignoring a few of their misdeeds, for the sake of the greater good of what they accomplished for Him. Moses, in all his greatness, obedience and leadership for 40 years, had to pay a price (didn’t enter the promised land) for striking the rock to bring forth water, because God had told him to just speak to the rock. (in our humanness we would have thought "that's a minor thing, since you were frustrated with the people", but not so with God)

I had been planning to vote for Trump for months, but finally it was just too much for me to bear in light of all the immoral words and behavior for the cause of political expediency. Sorry.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Not wishing to be off topic but............
    Whilst some media outlets confirm that D. Trump said the thing about suckers and losers, there are others that deny that happened. John Bolton dislikes the President with a vengeance but yet, he says that he heard no such thing. And, apparently so do others who were there.....
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...ic-story-saying-trump-called-soldiers-losers/

I am x-military and a combat veteran and thus far, I have never heard anything that would make me think that D. Trump hasn’t gone the extra mile for active, non-active and the honored dead.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Although you have brought up some interesting points, @Joseph Carl , I have to disagree with your basic premise, for two very good reasons.

Number one is that there is no Trump LOSS of the election, at this point, just a contested election, with provable claims of voter fraud at the polling places in quite a few states.
    If those claims can be proven (and I believe that they can and will be), then there will either be a recount of verifiable votes, or we will have to hold the whole election over, or it will go to the court to decide the outcome.
    At this point, only the liberal-owned and controlled news is reporting a Biden win, and it is not their place to do that. Even though they are referring to Biden as the “president-elect”; this is not true until the contested election has been decided one way or the other.

Number two, Is I believe that most of the voting Christians DID vote for Donald Trump to be re-elected. The information on social media totally backs that up, with Christian groups, Twitter and facebook posts, all asking for prayers for our president, and for the outcome of the election.
    That being said, there are some of the more liberal church leaders who defend Biden, and do not stand up for human rights for babies, as far as abortion goes.
    Those are what the Bible calls “wolves in sheep’s clothing”, and not true believers in God.

Over 71 million people voted for President Trump, and most of those were true Christians. Of the actual votes for Biden, I would guess that the majority of those are from non-professing Christians, or ones who are “in name only” and not believers of our Lord in their hearts.
    I believe in GOD, and I believe that GOD WINS !

Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I disagree with the premise of this thread; it rubs me the wrong way. Do people actually believe that no Democrat or Independent is a Christian? How freakin' absurd. Any thinking person has the ability to segregate their politics from religion, besides which I don't see Trump as an icon for Christianity.

Seems to me @Joseph Carl that you are judging Christians. Well may I remind you... "Judge not lest ye be judged." Many voters simply do not like Donald Trump and will be relieved when the tweet storms are finally over.

Trevalius Guyus and Terry Coywin like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya see, at least you gave a reason for disagreeing with Joe instead of the erratic across the board thing that Pete wrote.

Now, as @Gloria Mitchell wrote in a round about way is that there are indeed, no saints in the White House but a Christian, as well as anyone else for that matter, need to sort out what candidate is not only good for the U.S. in general but to search their hearts in the matter of the oft used term in the medical field of “doing no harm”. That’s the part where the hard line Christians find it difficult to choose.

It’s like the stance on abortion. To some, like yourself, it is just a matter of a woman’s rights but to other’s it’s not even about the baby’s rights but about killing in general. To the Bible strict Pentecost, not killing is relatively easy compared to not causing someone else to sin or rather, condoning someone for killing another.
    That’s one of the reasons why I am so surprised that the Amish came out for the first time and voted for a presidential candidate. They have absolutely no tolerance for war or any kind of killing but yet they voted for someone who can obviously send people to kill.
    That’s one of the things Joe nor @Hugh Manely didn’t bring up is that many Christians do not vote at all because to do so is, in their way of thinking, approving of someone who actually goes against one or more Biblical principles ergo to vote for someone knowing that they will do evil is a sin unto itself.

Now, as far as Christians and their political leanings toward a particular party, each president up until Lincoln was either Whig or Democrat so to declare that this country is fundamentally a Christian nation founded by non-Christian parties is an oxymoron in the making.

Al Amoling likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Allow me to paraphrase. Let he who is without sin cast the first vote. :p

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

In other words, you have a different opinion.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't think Biden has enough functioning brain cells to be evil, at this point. The people who will be pulling his strings are, though.

14. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Joseph is certainly an outspoken individual.

15. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm glad to see good interest in this thread, but it does frustrate me to see people grossly misinterpret me or get bogged down with irrelevant points. Rather than refute each mistake, let me just compliment Hugh for presenting a comment true to point. I understand your views Hugh and that's why I wrote the piece, because I have other Christian friends who felt the same in 2016 and even more so now. Let me try again though to make my point:

In a primary presidential election, an individual's personality and stated beliefs often help to distinguish him or her from other competing members of the party. During this time, we generally look for an ideal candidate that represents our values AND demonstrates appealing character. In a general election however, we are limited to two candidates with each supported by a party having strong, opposing liberal or conservative values. The one selected for President will ultimately steer the country left or right, not only through his own actions, but through his selected cabinet members, judges, executive orders, and legislation measures. Thus, the total influence upon the country moving more secular left or more religious right is determined more so by which party system is in power rather than the character of the President. In short, if you're a strong liberal or conservative, your values will be most effected upon the country long term by nominating the appropriate party, regardless of how bad you perceive the representative of your party to be at the time.

With the liberal (Democrat) party demonstrating ongoing opposition to America's Christian heritage and Godly values versus the conservative (Republican) party's better support for them, I think many Christians make a mistake in their priorities by choosing presidential personality over party values. The left or right citizenry vote steers the country back towards God or further away from him. If the 70+% of professing Christians in this nation voted for the party that best supports Christianity, Trump would have won by a landslide. With this not being the case, America will resume its secular trend, and in the decades to come we can expect a continuing decline of Christians in this nation as we've seen in Europe. This is not only tragic for the millions of souls that will be lost in this process, but the cultural consequences will hurt our entire society. The nation's founding fathers warned of this when they established the Republic, stating that its success and freedoms depended entirely upon the two pillars of God and Christian morality.