State Of The Union 2019

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, cocktail pants. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I really do not think she’s “gorgeous”.
    And by the bye, I am a student of how a person acts and what a person says which has very little to do with how someone looks.
    Logically, no one in their right mind would hate someone for their looks and to be perfectly clear, hatred for another human being is too heavy of a load for me to carry around so it’s simply a weight I do not have.
    I may dislike someone for what they do or say and even hate the act of what they do or say but it is virtually impossible for me to hate the person.

3. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Bobby, I was kidding! "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" is a saying. Liked how you answered, though.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our President gave a great State of the Union speech....unfortunately most of the Democrats had their ears closed to anything he said...before he even said anything.

If Trump is going to continue to get things accomplished in spite of all the hatred and opposition...he is just going to have to continue finding ways around all of this....just as he has been doing since the Day he took Office.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thank you Lulu. :)
    I often hear and read comments from people who really do hate someone because they “shine” better or more than they which to me is appalling and total waste of what precious little time we have.
    If someone is better in business, or looks or whatever then copy the way they succeeded or dress, don’t envy it and certainly do not hate them for their success or knowing how to dress.

I was just looking through a few of the full length photos of those ladies in white who attended the address and I do see that there are a couple of ladies in white with some rather odd blouses (one with little umbrellas) so I guess I do stand corrected and she wasn’t the only one who didn’t look as though she was going to a business meeting.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Must admit did not watch it all

But

A few times a small number of the white ladies stood up and clapped not all but at the end AOC did as well

Poor young AOC look round at times and spoke to the person sitting next her who had stood up to clapped then AOC did as well looking very confused and appeared not to know what to do and did not clap

PS did see a clip on Morning Joe(That's the one who killed his intern and then resigned) and Barbie Girls Grandmother who was slagging the POTUS off for this speech

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it was a good speech. I have something to say about Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez but to keep this thread on topic, I'm going to start a new one.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Clearly, you haven't been paying attention to the way elected Democrats have been treating Trump. I'm not surprised because the news that you watch wouldn't cover that. I usually watch these things on C-Span so that I am not restricted to what the media wants me to think.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If I only watched the bits that the MSM wanted me to see, I probably wouldn't think so either.

Tom Galty and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Took you three weeks to think this up, Ken? You must not be paying attention.