State Of The Union Address

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Sheldon Scott, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes very disrespectful.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

She was clearly not herself and looked disturbed about something the whole time. Even on TheView they noticed her lack of true facial expression.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't watch the "view". And there views will be biased anyway.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's all because people have been told they can do anything they want now days and it's alright because there is no right or wrong anymore, nor good or bad, etc.

Freedom to do or say anything one wants now days is just not working in my opinion.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I actually do enjoy those freedoms but with those freedoms I also know that I am held accountable for whatever I may do or say.
    When we look at the average age of those legislators we all know that they were, for the most part, taught at an early age some moral and ethical values.
    Values that included respect, honor, responsibility and accountability which it would seem that all of them have forgotten.

Perhaps in one way the whole demonstration was a total success. The old adage of, "Children should be seen and not heard" was the only effective part of their childhood learning because they acted like children and were certainly not heard but very well seen.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, some of us do know we are held accountable for what we say or do @Bobby Cole but there are those who are learning they aren't accountable for anything....and then there are those who just refuse to be held accountable for anything.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

At some point, maybe not in my lifetime nor theirs on earth, they will learn.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Did y'all see Nancy Pelosi every time the camera panned to her? She looked like she was chewing on a green lemon, part of it got stuck under her dentures and she was trying to suck it out. Laughing haha .gif Seriously, she was chewing her mouth somehow. Most unbecoming.

Joe Kennedy III gave the Democratic rebuttal speech. I tried to listen to in just to be fair. It never hurts to hear what the other side has to say. Sadly, I could only watch a few minutes of it. I couldn't concentrate on his words for looking at the spittle drooling from the corners of his mouth. Why on Earth didn't somebody tell him to wipe his mouth?!?!?

If the Democrats are grooming him to run for president, they have their work cut out for them. He is totally lacking the Kennedy charm. That's something you can't groom into a person. You have to be born with it. He spoke like he had been practicing and was told to project at certain points, etc.

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Looked more like greasy spots from eating fried food to me.I only watched for a few mintues.
    Yeep Nancy was chewing her curd for sure.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

To be fair to Nancy think she was just cleaning her teeth with her forked tongue.

PS My First post I'm from England.

11. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

We have a couple of fine people from the UK who are among the membership here. I think you might make a great addition and a hearty welcome to you @aka galty!

And yes, your forked tongue theory might be the most realistic of all the comments I have heard.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

14. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the welcome.

Back to topic.

When the POTUS announced that the Black unemployment rate was the lowest ever(Still above others).... While others clapped the Black Caucus stayed silent,, except for one member who clapped.

That is sad because the speech was about the Statue of the Union and not about Trump.

15. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I lasted 20 minutes. I knew Pelosi was going to be an issue the minute they focused on her. She looked disgruntled and I knew that would be all over the (Fox) news.

I will say one thing I saw on Fox (I switch back and forth) A commentator was going on about the Black Caucus making pre-planned that some members would not be there. Then in the same segment it was brought up about the person who yelled at Obama about being a liar. They stated that person who yelled at Obama made an "emotional reaction" or something so it was totally different and understandable. How do they know this person didn't plant to yell this weeks before.

Both CNN and Fox are doing spins how they want. There is no way it's one sided.