Sudden Onset, Whole Body Muscle Pain

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Thomas Windom, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I could- but I also know many people over medicate and over supplement themselves which in itself can lead to other issues. So, I would rather wait and make a determination after seeing the results.

2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Potassium comes only in 99mg dose, I take 3-4 99mg a few times daily thru the day....Food alone does not give us ENOUGH.

Symptoms of Low Potassium in One's Body:

• Muscle weakness, fatigue, or cramps
    • Constipation
    • Tingling or numbness
    • Abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmia), such as skipped heartbeats or an irregular heartbeat
    • Low blood pressure (hypotension)
    • Lightheadedness or faintness
    • Excessive urination (polyuria)
    • Excessive thirst (polydipsia)
      Mount Sinai
      Low potassium level Information | Mount Sinai - New York
      Symptoms · Constipation · Feeling of skipped heart beats or palpitations · Fatigue · Muscle damage · Muscle weakness or spasms · Tingling or numbness.
      Healthdirect
      Potassium deficiency - symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment
      What are the symptoms of potassium deficiency? Some people with potassium deficiency don't experience any symptoms. If you do have symptoms, they may include: weakness and fatigue. feeling tired. muscle cramps. an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia) — skipped heartbeats or an irregular heartbeat.
      Cleveland Clinic
      Low Potassium Level Causes (Hypokalemia) - Cleveland Clinic
      More severe cases of low potassium may cause signs and symptoms such as: * Muscle twitches. * Muscle cramps. * Severe muscle weakness, leading to paralysis. * Low blood pressure (hypotension). * Lightheadedness or faintness. * Abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias). * Excessive urination (polyuria). * Excessive thirst (polydipsia).
      medicalnewstoday.com
      Potassium deficiency (hypokalemia): Symptoms and treatment
      Apr 30, 2019 — Symptoms of potassium deficiency, or hypokalemia, can include constipation, kidney problems, muscle weakness, fatigue, and heart issues. Poor diet, illnesses that cause severe vomiting or diarrhea, and certain medications can lead to low potassium levels. Learn more here.
      WebMD

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

My guru, Dr Berg says we need 4000 mg of potassium a day which would make the brand you get difficult to take enough. I got NOW brand for a long time and then switched to buying bulk and recently started taking Horbaack potassium with 250 in each capsule. I broke both brands of capsules open and tasted them. WOW. The Now brand has to be cutting their potassium although no added ingredients are listed
    If they test your blood for K, it may come up as normal because your body will draw on its tissues to try to keep it balanced. So your doctor may not know you are deficient. But I think some doctors are learning about nutrition more.
    If my K gets low, my feet swell up. What depletes K is salt. You don't need less salt, you need more potassium (K).

4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Believe it or not, our own Govt RDA states 4K for older folks.. I don't come near that...but I don't let myself get TOO low. I often add potassium and even magnesium to my soups and get extra of both these minerals.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

John Brunner and Krystal Shay like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Potassium is one of the few things I do not supplement, and my blood tests always show I'm in the middle of the target range....and I don't eat bananas.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.