Super Bowl 50 Party! Game, Commercials, & Halftime

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Lara Moss, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joe Riley , Ha Ha Ha!!!

Now you know Texas has girl football players. I'm sure if you guys will look around you'll see it's not just a gents sport anymore. Now I don't see it becoming a mixed pro sport, but there are several mixed teams in our public schools now days. So you fellas can just be nice, and help some of us acquire a better understanding of the game.:p:p:rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Bonnie Thomas and Lara Moss like this.
  3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Ina, but I didn't mean that Bonnie and I were smart. I meant that "We" as a group of SO members here at this party are smart for not being in San Francisco right now with all their controversies going on right now as a city….costly accommodations, crowds, security, parking, debris, etc. We all have made a good choice to party here where it's safe, stress-free, and you can't beat the reasonable accommodations :) Only thing is the food's not quite as tasty and the drinks are a little dry :D Oh, and I like your new avatar! That's the spirit!

I too am learning more about football and can't wait to watch it with this extra knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Bonnie Thomas and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  4. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

For football junkies ..:D.. the week leading up to the big game always has Radio Row for entertainment in the host city. It's radio sports personalities from around the country interviewing past and present players.
    It's fun to listen to all week, and watch (via cam) ..

http://photos.dailybreeze.com/2016/02/super-bowl-50-super-bowl-50-radio-row/#1

Nice to see so many of the older players there. .. like Jim Brown .. he turns 80 this year.

Ina I. Wonder and Lara Moss like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Lara Moss likes this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Bonnie Thomas , ok here (I hope) is my most stupid question. Is the game being broadcasted on regular TV? Something tells me no. If not how do I watch it? I do have Comcast Xfinity, but I have no idea of what channel the game might be on. Can you help me before the game comes on?

Lara Moss likes this.
  8. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Joe mentioned it above. ...it's regular free CBS TV ..:) I see there are many options.

9. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Thanks @Bonnie Thomas , I thought Joe's post was about just online viewing. When he referred to CBS Sports I thought that was a sports only channel. And I've Not a clue as to what a Roku is. After you told me it was just plain CBS TV, I checked the schedule and found that there will all sorts of Super Bowl programs for most of the day. Maybe I'll learn something.

Lara Moss and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  10. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Not only most of the day tomorrow .... CBS has non-stop programming tonight too... :D.
    They will honor best players/coaches tonight. I'm hoping JJ Watt wins Best Defensive player again.

Lara Moss likes this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

ALERT!!
    They keep changing game time!!
    Now, it seems, the Super Bowl will start at 6:30pm EST !!
    (on CBS)

12. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I just figured that out too. I conned my 51 year old step daughter, and my 25 year old grandson into coming over to watch the game with me. They know maybe a little more than I do, so it should be hilarious. I'm getting at taco tray, and they will bring chips and dips.

image.jpeg

13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

The more the merrier!
    Welcome one and all…

It's Super Bowl Sunday!
    Woo Hoo!

x-ta-sea-sea-world-square-shekou-super-bowl-724x1024.jpg jb-bloody-ghost.jpeg
    pic_breakfast.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  14. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Ok guys, the Kitten bowl has started on the Hallmark channel, and in the first 15 minutes the score is 7 to 3, Bengals over the Bobcats. What cuties they are this year, and it seems it's going to be a fast and exciting game.

@Lara Moss , has everyone voted for their teams, and given their prediction on the end score? I wonder how many will be watching? I want to learn as much as I can because Houston will be hosting the Super Bowl next year. I wonder if I could still get tickets for next year.

@Bonnie Thomas , where would you go to get tickets, if that is still possible, I don't want to get scammed.

Joe Riley likes this.
  15. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

The last Super Bowl in Houston was in 2004. Patriots beat the Panthers in that one. The activates around the city/ stadium and downtown were packed with people everywhere. We spent the weekend downtown trying to take in as much as possible, but getting tickets to the game ...NEVER.

Super Bowl tickets go to corporations, as they cost $$$$$$$. Players in the game are given a handful of tickets for their families/friends.
    Regular season ticket holders of the host city/stadium do not get a chance to get their seats for the game either. Some nose-bleed seats are offered to the public at a ridiculous mark-up.
    They have huge TVs set up around the stadium/downtown area and everywhere else to watch if you want to be in the general vicinity of the game. Otherwise, watching at home is the best option.:D

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.