Super Bowl Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Controversy going on now about Lady Gaga going from America The Beautiful song into This Land Is Your Land song. Apparently, the song This Land Is Your Land was at numerous protests against the immigration ban.

Coke is also getting slack for their commercial. Many complained that the commercial had an underlying thing promoting immigration.

Just read that one of the Pats isn't going to the White House with the rest of the team. He does not support Trump and will not meet him.

Other than that, what a game. Wife and I really, really thought the Falcon's had the game "in the bag", but boy did the Pat's have a comeback. First overtime in Super Bowl history and the Pats took the win.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I read there were anti trump undertones but nothing outright. Since I didn't know that song was at some protests it didn't bother me,...I just was watching the show more than listening to her singing anyway.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

It was sayed that one way or another she was going to include something about the ban. We didn't think anything about what she sung, then this AM I read about it and the Coke ad.
    We did watch the entire Half-Time Show, but we just aren't Lady Gaga fans. Now, if the Show would have had Kool & The Gang, Earth-Wind & Fire or Chicago we would have really razed about it.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not a fan of hers either but she has a good voice. She believes in her causes and said that that's what she would do...sing her songs. Think "Born this way" is about LGBT rights. Many of her songs are, so she really didn't have to go out of her way to be anti Trump, she was anti Trump before he became president.

The whole theme of the super bowl was inclusion...at least it was all subtle and not too in your face and some probably didn't even notice until it was pointed out.

It was a good game as far as Super Bowls go because I even watched half of it but like I watch most things...TV is on but I'm on my iPad. :)

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sort of funny, but my wife can be the same way: TV on, but she is either on laptop or doing something else. She doesn't like quietness, unless she is going to sleep. Growing up with two sisters and a brother, quietness was pretty much a nonexisting thing in the home. For me, basically just the opposite. However, I was the only child/teen in the home.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Perhaps it might be a tad painful but I am always ready to admit when I am incorrect.
    I predicted that Lady Gaga would make her half time show an anti-Trump statement but from what I understand it went quite well.
    I have no idea whether Brady was boo'd because of his friendship with Trump or just quarterback of an opposing team so I won't appologize for that prediction.
    I did however, predict a Patriots win by 3 after coming from behind and they won in overtime by 6. Not bad I'd say.

Now, one thing I found on my FB page was an ad by Hyundai that was actually recorded during the game.
    On a scale of 1 to 5 I gave it an even 100. Grab your best nose cloth cause this one should bring ya!

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10155025665008588