Ted Cruz Wins In Iowa / Bernie & Hillary Tied

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lara Moss, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you're interested in seeing how a caucus count works in Iowa, here is a video of one of the Iowa caucuses. Obviously, where there are fewer people, things will go more smoothly but where there are hundreds of people, that's not the case. In this video, I know, I can see no reason to know that any of the people who were walking around amongst the crowd while the hand count was going on couldn't have simply raised their hand again from another position, and been counted twice.

Some caucuses are more neatly done, requiring that supporters of the various candidates physically move to one part of the room, as that makes a count more accurate, and cheating less likely.

Plus there is the odd idea that when a recount is requested, they vote on whether or not to do a recount, a motion that is almost sure to fail because those who are happy with the first count will vote against it, as will many of the others, who simply want to go home. That's the way democracy works, though -- the majority overrule the minority.

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Ken. You can delete my other thread titled, "The Iowa Caucus is Decided by Coin Flips & Games of Chance" .

Bottom line, I see, is that it's a "complete debacle" as the media put it. And yes, I agree, a caucus less attended would be less of a debacle.

The Nightly News tonight showed proof with camera footage, that Ted Cruz's staff knowingly rigged the race by telling voters that Ben Carson was leaving the race that very night. That, of course, sent all those evangelicals voting for Cruz. When Cruz was interviewed, he didn't deny it and began sticking up for his staff. Ben Carson said "It wasn't ethical".

Ted Cruz is toast. Iowa Caucusing is toast. Hillary is evading questions about new allegations regarding her breach of security…she's toast. It's now between Rubio and Trump and Bernie Sanders.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't see any reason to do that.

I don't know. I am not a Ted Cruz supporter but those kinds of dirty tricks are fairly standard in campaigns, and I don't consider them to be all that serious. Had Carson been on his game, there would have been a Carson staffer at every caucus to refute the misinformation. You can't win a caucus state without having someone there at every caucus. That's probably why Trump didn't beat Cruz in Iowa. He thought he could just rally his supporters and let them do the work. Because he didn't have someone at each of the caucuses, some of his supporters were cajoled or otherwise weaned away by the Cruz people.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Errgh. Everyday I grow more disappointed with our corrupt society of greed and power. I know I'm not telling anyone anything new but more and more people are turning their backs on God and that's the whole problem. Statistics show an alarming rate.

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

IMO, all the good choices have dropped out. Huckabee, Jindal, Perry, to name a few. We're left with the riff-raff.

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

What about Marco Rubio? I don't like his stand on abortion but I like him otherwise. He never hesitates nor falters in an interview. He's confident and knowledgeable. He never attacks any other candidates even when the media baits him. He's young, so hasn't had a lot of accomplishments but he can certainly add this one to his resume now….2nd in line for the republican presidential nomination. Not bad. He has a nice family too:

marco-rubio-cover-ftr.jpg

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Rubio's young, and in my opinion, more likeable than Cruz.

Lara Moss likes this.