Tell Me About Your Day?

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Da Shadow do……..

John Brunner and Lois Winters like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well. I'm just dusting off this old thread. What have y'all been up to?

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been busy in my backyard. I came across an ax that I purchased at the flea market and removed some exposed tree roots; transplanted lily of the valley from the backyard to a bare spot in the front that has been nagging at me; and painted the outdoor chairs with a fresh coat of paint they needed it badly still two more to do. Sooo, what have I done for myself lately? Playing with my hair for another natural style
    [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

4. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

Frustrating day so far. Needed to post a letter but the post office was closed. Needed something to read but didn't see any books which appealed. The greengrocer was out of cucumbers, so now my guinea pigs are going to be complaining. Went in the garden and found that slugs had eaten my new plants.
    Don't you find that life goes in cycles? I have periods when everything goes well and other times when nothing goes right.
    At least, I'm not unwell....that's one thing to be thankful for.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just got up an hour ago, so I don't know.

Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't know you were a guinea pig girl too!:) We could start a new thread: Grinny pigs I have known and loved.:rolleyes:

7. Mary Stetler

Registered

Welllll, I have a list. But I usually find distractions from getting things actually done. Might have to wait till later to tell what happened today.:confused: I was putting asparagus seeds in around in my food forest yesterday. It had rained some, so I have hope. And it rained last nite too.
    Today I have to clean out the sheep run-in for the upcoming shearer visit. That is always good for a laugh.:p And I have to pick up my car that DOESN"T need a new fuel pump. My guy said it had a compression issue from low oil and sitting for a long time. Toyotas burn oil but that did not occur to me since I hadn't used it for the winter.

8. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well now, this is just what I was talking about in another thread. Already today it has beautiful hair styles, a woman with an ax, frustrations, grinny pigs, cycles of life, sheep. car repairs and more in just a few posts. The stuff of which life is made and how people online get acquainted. :)

Around my house the main topic has been the high winds. Thank God for my extremely good neighbor who is going to rebuild our mutual fence line. He is a young fellow who helps me out with such things. I am blessed to live next door to his family.

Mary, how many sheep do you have? I have no experience with sheep although I was well exposed to other farm animals as a child. I don't think I could keep up with them at now.

I too have a few things to do today. I'm craving BBQ but I'm not interested in making it myself. Maybe Applebees or Dickies.

And good on ya' for dusting it off, Beth. I hope it flourishes again. ;)

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Lamont Cranston uttered a delayed giggle.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

(Because it's hard for me to get moving before 2pm, this is what I did YESTERDAY)

Mowed the "lawn" and string trimmed around the mobile home & garage. Mostly some weeds with yellow flowers that had grown 18" tall. They were very sparse, but the view from the road, looked awful. Hosed bird droppings from the Eastern Phoebe nest off the porch.

Got home to discover I forgot to turn off the sprinkler. It had run maybe 6 hours. I'll probably get a letter on my door telling me to check for water leaks. They like to lay a guilt trip on you in addition to high tier rates.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Neither of us slept good, so nappy mood most of the day. Days like this cause me to be in a snacking mood..not good.
    Did vacuum, make up bed, paid some bills,. He mowed, chased down dog that escaped early this morning. Chew thru her second leash- sigh. Cleaned up kitchen. Basic boring day time stuff.

12. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

After a week in the hospital for Pulmonary Edema and Hypoxia, I am home and Marley is beside herself. Bless her doggy soul.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Daggone it, Lois. I hope you're better.

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

Sheep. I tell people they are the cutest and most dangerous animal I deal with. It you are walking near them and they get scared or silly they will run at you to take you with them from behind. Not good if you only have one good leg and no sheep dog so I am kind of mean and yell at them, brandishing my cane and growling to keep them at bay.
    I am down to two sheep. I need them to graze a pasture that I can't mow because of springs and sink holes. I have to go out to deal with thistles but I am not sure I am up to it this year.:( We'll see. My ewe LOVES me and no one else and will attack to save the 'herd'. My boy whether is sweet as pie but the girl bosses him around. Both are very itchy waiting for the shearer and beg for help (scratches) that are not even remotely enough. After they are sheared, they are so clean and soft with lanolin in their hair which can work like the best hand cream. So I love giving them a bit more attention. But they they are more comfortable and content to go out and eat the pasture than hide in the barn.
    I tell them how good they have it. They don't have to stay out all the time in the bugs and the weather like normal sheep. But they don't appreciate anything I say.o_O

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

Goodness, Lois. No wonder we worry when you don't post. Ask your doctor if you can take potassium citrate.