"That's Incredible!" Events in Your Life

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Avigail David, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

What event in my life, I wonder, that might qualify for the program "That's Incredible!" Remember the most well-watched TV proram in the 1980s?

Entered the Golden twilight years. I've outlived half the century in my lifetime and I'm facing the next half and many more. And still have most of my teeth in tact.

What are yours?

2. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

When I look back to remember what was incredible in my life, I feel it's really incredibly that I have ever though such events were "incredible" LOL

My first "that's incredible" was discovering that a radio announcer was "crazy" for me when I was a teenager, until I realize many years later he was crazy for almost any female calling regardless how young or old she could be, it was part of his job making his audience feel happy.

Later I thought "that's incredible" I fell in love with a guy which was not in the same social level my parents "classified" me, and therefore it was hard for me admitting such feeling, but nobody rules over heart and it was true, I was in love with a "proletarian"! haha

But the fun vanished when my parents opposed and my life was turned from pink cloud nine days to a living hell on earth seeing how love was going away after making the probably-wrong decision to abide by my parents restrictions.

And now, "that's incredible" that I can share this latter fact with you having no tears rolling down my cheeks, as still happened more than a year ago.

Avigail David and Val White like this.
  3. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

When my marriage ended in 1985 I really felt that my life was over and I had no real future. It turned out that I was very wrong about that. I had a more eventful and fulfilling life over the years than I could ever have imagined. I was even able to live some of my pre-marriage dreams.

I also never thought I would become a mature student in my late 40s and gain a BA when I was over the age of 50. What this has led on to in my later life is truly incredible to me.

Val White and Carlota Clemens like this.
  4. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the attitude, good for you Ruth!

Never is too late to study and fulfill dreams, and this is a really meaningful moment that deserves to say that's incredible :)

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am quite stumped with this thread. But let me think, hmmm. One of the incredibles was my first trip abroad. It was in 1994 when my husband bought a tour package for Hongkong. We stayed in Guangdong Hotel right in the city. It was a real adventure and I was marvelling from the plane up to the hotel. And since our pocket money was just enough, we would buy dumplings sold in the street that would serve as our dinner inside the hotel room. Yes, that's really incredible that I had taken a plane and left my country.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I may have mentioned this in another thread but, as a single 20 year-old, I sued for custody of the neighbor's kid (whom I was not related to) and won.

Avigail David likes this.
  7. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I seem to have lived my life the wrong way round. I did all of those things, like going abroad to do voluntary work and getting a degree, a goodly while later than the "standard life plan" says I should have done them.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, I did. At length here.