The Blitz

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I may be disliked for this. Have any of you, like me, asked yourself critically, whether the constant media and internet barrage demeaning Trump has worn upon your mind to the point that some of it might be more easily believable, than to continue on ahead grimacing and aggravated by it? After reviewing that thought, it struck me that is precisely the aim of it. Not subtle, but instead forceful impressionistic pressure exerted constantly, which also has roots in the aim of inflaming further those agreeing with it, submitting to it.

Maybe he did tell lies, maybe he did do things sounding rather perverse, maybe illegal goings-on did happen.....maybe those allegations did make him less suitable to be President.

The "State of America" is actually pretty good right now. Might they be even better if the allegations were false?

Frank

Lon Tanner and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not a Republican and I don't care for Donald Trump, the man. I was as surprised as anyone when he won the election and I have been disgusted many times over by his stupid "tweets". (And I'm not even on Twitter. :rolleyes:) I just wish he'd conduct himself in a more presidential manner; he sometimes seems like his own worst enemy. How hard can it be to stop behaving like a 5th grader with the name calling, etc.

That said, the constant barrage of anti-Trump propaganda by the MSM has only strengthened my resolve as a conservative. I will vote for him in 2020 no matter who runs against him. I feel that Trump really does care about the future of this country and I agree with him on trade, immigration, and so many important issues.

What concerns me most is the outright suppression of conservative thoughts and voices. What has happened to objective reporting around the world?? I believe the old standard, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." As we are barraged with every sordid detail of people's lives, we would be hard-pressed to find a candidate who had nothing damning or embarrassing in their past. I'd like to see focus on solving the problems of the country, and moving ahead.

Not sure if my blather answered your question, Frank. But be assured that you will not "be disliked." :D

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Its the same over here Frank, best to ignore the media they are truly sickening

Edit - having said that, some people give the media ammunition don't they
    One example is Mr. Farage, non ability to think before speak, non ability to think ….
    'is what I'm about to say - a good idea'

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Freedom of speech has been, and remains under attack, and nobody seems to notice or care. We have to kill political correctness, and bury it in an unmarked grave!

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    I shall not accept self-denigration from one as important to the forum as you are. That aside, we share parallel trains of thought on many issues. Some not so much. It's a good thing!
    Frank

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Truthfully, the world around me is so unrecognizable to the one I thought was somewhat normal, until nothing anyone could do would surprise me.
    I like the old country song:
    God is good
    Beer is great
    and People are crazy

This wraps up my whole philosophy on life.
    Other than the beer.
    I can no longer drink it, but I enjoyed enough of it in my early years to last me. :)

7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Joe Riley
    Can't get away with that without incurring the wrath of the weird, the sublimates, the T-Gs, and on and on.......
    Frank

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

That's the reason it has to be done!

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.