The Democratic Debates

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

images (22).jpeg

Sure. Let them all in. I suppose they have all forgotten how that worked for us in 2001.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The ACA already increased medical coverage to immigrant children and pregnant women (legal and illegal). The issue at hand is not to have kids without vaccinations, and if they contract a contagious disease (Think TB), we don't want that spreading. They won't get checkups and normal, routine care, but keeping them from infecting the masses is important.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We could solve that problem by closing the border. The US-Mexican border has long been a hotspot for third-world diseases, and now that the whole world is being invited to cross, I don't see it getting better. By the way, vaccinations can be given without extending the ACA to those who haven't paid into it.

Welcome to the forum.

4. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The US imports almost 100,000 immigrants from developing countries a year with H1B visas. There are 44 million (more like 54) immigrants legally in the US who never leave when their visas expire. A stronger southern border is a nice thought, but that will not solve the problem. The US cannot keep putting bandaids on what ails us. If we want to stop the people from migrating, we need to deal with their governments. Guatemala and Honduras need a US intervention, and Congress needs to stop granting the visas and stop allowing companies to insource cheap labor. Legal and illegal Asian and Indian immigrants are predicted to outnumber Hispanics within a few years. People are so distracted by the southern border they are not noticing the rest of them.
    The provision for the immigrants was in the original ACA. They have been receiving medical aid even before that though.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

I disagree entirely. The American taxpayer should not be held liable for the world's welfare.

Laws against murder don't solve the problem of people killing people either, but we still need laws against murder. Walls, doors, and locks on your house won't completely solve the problem either, if someone wants to get into your house, but it's still a good idea to have them.

Let's stick to the Democrat debate in this thread, however. If you want to discuss our issuing a credit card to everyone on the world, payable by the US taxpayer, that is an issue that can be discussed in another thread. On-topic, every Democrat candidate that I have heard from is in favor of the US taxpayer taking on the responsibility for everyone in the world, and this is unacceptable to me.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Surely we don't need to get involved in any more country's problems. We can't govern the whole world. That would be just another quagmire that we will never get out of.

7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I will-----I want to watch the Libs making complete asses of themselves with screwy ideas that run contrary to the best interests of the country.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I will flip back and forth; I have to take "them" in very small increments. My husband will be glued to it, however. :D

9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

10. Ken Anderson

Oh yeah, I love the Democrat debates. It's kind of like those things where someone brings a camera and a microphone out into the streets, asking people questions about things they know absolutely nothing about. Yes, the Democrat debates are fun.

11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Not interested until they narrow it down to at most a half dozen.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No, I didn’t watch it last night, but I did look it up on YouTube this morning and watched some excerpts.

The take-away from what I watched is two fold:
    1. They can’t agree on how to beat the sitting president, D. Trump.
    2. With the exception of Bernie, they can’t agree on how much money they wish to take away from the American public nor what to spend it on.
    Bernie simply wants it all so he can dole it out however he pleases.

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I watched last night and think they SELF DESTRUCTED. It will be the same tonight.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson