The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Saturday Morning, Y'all. It's a sunny one, and will be in the 80s again. The AC is on right now. Supposedly, next week will be more like Fall, which is fine with me. Everyone's fed. Dogs are out and barking/growling next door. Can't wait until I can get a dog whistle and see if it has an impact. Supposedly they work to quiet the neighbor dogs, but we'll see. It's going to be a busy and probably loud one here. There's a festival in the 'hood, so there'll be lots of heavy drinking and no doubt some drugs, as well as a gathering next door on one side, if not both sides. I'll be in here doing stuff and avoiding the revelers. Hopefully this flare will be gone soon and I can do more, but for now, I'll probably read and watch movies or TV, for the most part. Hope y'all are having a good one.

I always enjoy seeing pictures of your cabin @Ina I. Wonder. I can see why you will miss it, especially with so much history, but it does seem as if the workload's gotten out of your control. I have a feeling you'll blossom in the new place.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon - hope you get that purse
    @Diane Lane - Hope that whistle does the trick and you can have some peace

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

That would be neat if you could get the dog whistle to work @Diane Lane, I couldn't take strange dogs running around my yard all the time. That would drive me up the wall especially if I had cats outside. I do like dogs, but not ones I don't know. I have had exhausted hunting dogs showing up here well after the season on at least a couple of different ocassions. I fed them and called Animal Control They told me I should check the collar to look at the owners name and call them, but honestly, I didn't want to interact with them that much, although I am sure they would have been grateful for the attention

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone! 91 today, yuck!

@Diane Lane ...hope the whistle works. My ex hated the dogs barking here and got one...didn't work, so good luck.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I come and go all day long, @Ina I. Wonder. I'll jump up to do something after I write a post but then I come back here 5-10 mins later...depends what I'm doing but I always come back here. You won't find me online after 7PM PT
    Though unless I was upset about something then I keep checking on my iPhone til I fall asleep. :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

She gets on my nerves too and I haven't watched her in a long time...then she used "Sammy" and EVVO a lot. :)

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Good morning everyone! It's Sunday and my sweet mother's birthday today. :(

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Chrissy Page - yes Chrissy, was thinking of you today :) x

Hello everyone - long time no see :p Missed ya :)

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sending you special hugs for today, @Chrissy Page ! Who knows, maybe your mother and mine are up there chatting about us right now ?
    IMG_0352.JPG

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's a lovely thought Yvonne, wouldn't surprise me one bit :)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Patsy...still in jammies....don't feel like doing much today.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

I know - I feel that
    The day will come when you your thoughts and memories will make you smile with a positive heart
    Too early at present to feel that way
    @Chrissy Page

14. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all have a great day x

15. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Well, the big much anticipated debate is over. Trump is clearly the winner. Even the flies thought so. Flies always know crap when they see it.:D
    I cannot believe the fuss over 11 year old locker room talk. Not being a jock, I never hung out in locker rooms, but I frequented plenty of warehouse and factory coffee break areas, and bars in several states. That's what men sometimes talk about in those places. Get over it, grow up and move along.:rolleyes:
    It's 49 degrees under partly cloudy skies here high atop my building's 3rd floor. It's still only Monday. I woke up thinking it was Tuesday. Now, I'll probably be stuck a day ahead all day.:oops:
    Didn't sleep worth a dang last night. I forgot to take my furosemide pills at noon, so like a dumb butt, I took them at 5pm. Needless to say, I was up about every half hour or so dashing for the bathroom.:eek:
    Nothing going on today. I got a load of laundry to do that I put off all weekend. The chances are slim and none, that I'll do it today.
    Laundry is one of those things a man can't just rush into. We have to think about it, plan it all out, then, get in the mood. We have to feel like "laundry today". Only then, can we dive into that disgusting chore.:p
    Well, breakfast is calling me.
    Three eggs, fried hard. I hate that runny yolk all over everything. Sausage patties, fried crispy, and hash browns. Corn bread would be nice, if I had some. Or, a big platter of butter milk biscuits and sausage gravy, and lots of coffee. Gotta go. Be back later.:cool: