The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a lot of mice @Ina I. Wonder. At the first hint of cool/cold weather back home, people would always start complaining about mice. The houses were historic, for the most part, so of course there were a few cracks here and there, and the mice always found their way inside. It's nice to know your mouse hound is on the hunt and keeping you rodent free!

The dog whistle and clicker arrived today. I've blown it a few times, both at the dogs to the left and the dogs to the right. It does seem to be quieting them down, but we'll see how long that lasts. I did the clicker earlier when the 'good' dogs were barking, and that seemed to make them quiet down, as well. Maybe they received some training in the past, because they sure haven't gotten any from their current owners.

2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all have a great one.

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. And a frosty one it is. It's 33 degrees under clear skies here in the heartland. It's only supposed to get to the upper 50's. That's ok with me. When it gets to the freezing mark and below, I just keep thinking of all those nasty little crawly critters going toes up dead.
    So, what's on the agenda for today Ike, you might ask. Well, I got the paper work in the mail yesterday, for my end of the year review. We have to do that every year. Fill out all the pages of a magazine thick packet of papers, bring all the cards, receipts etc to your meeting, make sure your apartment is ship shape for the inspection. I hate most the paper work. These days, I'm easily confused with paper work. The house work is easier, since I got rid of most of the furniture I don't need.
    So, today I will rest up, then hit it over the weekend. I better get started on my resting. It's after 6am already.
    Have a good 'un, y'all.;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning all :)
    Me teeth hurt, me gums as well :( I get this from time to time and I hate it, have to distract meself from it
    that won't be easy - will have to go on the games thread :p
    Xx
    [​IMG]

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone! Feel for you Patsy...I have sensitive teeth and sometimes they hurt for no reason, even ones that have had root canals...I use sensodyne toothpaste...don't know if it helps or not.

Still in the 80's and the chance of rain for the weekend is gone. :(

Clark's Pest control was here yesterday doing their monthly spraying so Pickles started his usual barking. I found a site on YouTube and turned it up and although Pickles was already winding down with the barking...the guy was almost done.. it seemed to stop him...so I'm going to be testing it out more.

Tomorrow Alfonso will be here doing my lawn...I'll be prepared with a few on YouTube.

Have a great day!

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Have you tried a bit of soothing music Chrissy - might calm him down

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning all, Aww Patsy Faye, have you been to a dentist to find out why? It is weird, my teeth sometimes hurt too, and I had some cavities filled last year. I think living in an are with no flourodated water has lead to this. Reminds me I need to check on getting some flouride mouthwash, They were telling me at the dentists office, that if I left toothpaste on my teeth all day it would help with the flouridation issue...YUK, I mean who wants to do that?? That sounds disgusting. My teeth shouldn't hurt since the cavities were filled..but they do at times. Teeth hurting is the least of my concerns though...in the overall scheme of things, but I hope you feel better!!! xx:):)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

We haven;t even had a frost here yet, but it has gotten cold a few times over night. Some nights are in the 40's and roomie told me one night had dropped to 37...but he needs new glasses, and I am not sure if I believe his weather proclamations any more..lol. He is about as reliable as Punxatawney Phil.

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hahahaha Barking is what dachshunds live for ....that and treats. :)

He's in a zone when he's barking, won't even listen to any commands...I have to take my shoe and hit the wall to even get his attention.

Other than that he's very smart. Knows a lot of words and is very routine oriented. He's so funny too, if I put lipstick on it means I'm going out so he runs to his place where I close him off.

The other day I put lipstick on but then I changed my mind and didn't go out. An hour later I'm wondering where he is so I go looking for him and he's in his place waiting for me to leave, lol.

10. Diane Lane

Registered

Good Morning, y'all. @Patsy Faye I wonder if that's one of the joys of Fibromyalgia? We would all get it when I was a child, and the doctor called it Neuralgia. We attributed it to the dampness on the cooler/cold days. I hadn't had it in quite a while, but it's come back now. I think the whole family has a tendency toward inflammation, and it doesn't seem to take much to activate it. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I was awakened in the middle of the night yet again by that random barking/howling dog going from street to street throughout the neighborhood. He seems to focus on those yards where dogs live, and he activated the ones on both sides of me. Oddly enough, I was blowing the whistle and the dogs on both sides calmed down and stopped barking somewhat, yet that one persisted with his/her barking and howling. It was too dark to get a good look at it, let alone a picture to post on the neighborhood group, but I did see a flash of white or lighter color. I don't know much about breeds, and no one ever claims their dog got loose and/or apologizes for disturbing us. I found it amusing that earlier last night, the ex-girlfriend of my buddy next door with the pit bulls posted about someone behind her having a noisy dog that was disturbing her child's sleep. I thought maybe he had his dogs at his mom's (his mom lives over near the ex) and she was jabbing at him.

Maybe I'll catch a nap later, I don't know. It's a beautiful day out there, but it's going to be in the 80s or 90s, so I'll probably be inside all day. Have a nice one, y'all!

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - seems to be linked to me ear problems - I wish you could get some peace too :)

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Chrissy Page - LOL - he's one of a kind ain't he - really made me giggle :D

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

For us, it seems to be related to allergy/sinus issues, which also affect our ears. One thing we learned to do when when we were renting a remote cottage during a rainy period was to heat up stones on the wood stove, wrap them in towels, and hold them over our ears/that portion of our heads, and it helped.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Thanks @Diane Lane
    Nothing helps unfortunately, its a birth defect and I'm stuck with it. Its changed sides today (unusual)
    the pain is all over the left side, usually the right - just as painful though :rolleyes:

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.
  15. Diane Lane

Registered

Sorry to hear that @Patsy Faye. I was hoping maybe that would give you some relief. Dampness seems to make everything worse for me, but for some reason, I chose to live in a humid area :po_O. I hope you find something to distract yourself with that will take your mind off of it :).

Patsy Faye likes this.