The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I have ear problems, I usually put some hydrogen peroxide in my ears, and if there in any kind of infection, the peroxide usually kills it.
    If it is some kind of jaw inflammation, then eating anti-inflammatory foods, and avoiding the inflammatory ones will often help to stop the inflammation.
    I have to keep myself away from inflammatory foods because of the congestive heart failure, and also they make the arthritis act up; so I gradually changed over my diet, and the inflammatory foods are now only a once in a while treat, so they do not wreak havoc with my body.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've never had an ear infection in my life, I don't even know what they feel like. On the other hand 2 of my grandsons seem to get them a lot, thankfully not so much now though.

Don't remember my kids having too many...maybe a couple.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

He's a character! He makes me laugh and other times I want to strangle him.....kind of like a husband. :)

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Good ... morning? ... everyone. Yesterday when I was trying to explain about the mice, I spoke of the night light function of my bed, and that gave me an idea. So I used the bed's light last night again, and I put the flash light I keep by my bed on it's charger, pointed it at the area that I think the mice are using as access. I put the light right up to the wall so it didn't shine all over the room.

I don't know if it worked, or if I was just so exhausted from the three wakeful nights that I just slept like the dead until almost 10:am this morning. Izzy too. I know he slept as well, because he didn't wake me up with his kisses, nor did he roam all over the place last night.

Generally I'm up by 5:30am as I have for so many years. So today I feel sluggish, not bad, just still somewhat sleepy.

Best of all, after my morning search, I found no droppings or signs that the mice normally leave.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the tip @Yvonne Smith :)
    I'd be too scared to try the peroxide and the pain this time stems from the perforated ear, so no good anyway
    I have ear drops but unable to us them for that reason

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - good analogy :p

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all have a great one x

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG] All :)
    Feeling a little delicate today
    Yesterday was tough, especially the evening - need to watch meself today and do nothing to aggravate the situation
    Hope everyone else is in good spirits
    Xx

10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Another cool, crisp clear morning I see, from high atop my third floor apartment. And, a further bonus, it's Friday. In the old days, Friday was the long awaited pay day. Friday was the day everyone showed up at work. Friday afternoon was the time everyone wanted to leave work early, for one excuse or another. Friday night was adult fun night.
    Sadly, for me at least, Friday is now a day that looks like any other day. A day that I would not recognize, had I no calendar or TV to keep me up on these things. Anyway, I got nothing planned.
    A bit of good news. This morning, I put on my jeans, Pointer brand carpenter jeans. I mention that because they are made from a heavy weight denim. I believe it's 14 OZ. denim. They weigh between 3-5 pounds by themselves. Anyway, I was STILL 5 pounds lighter than I was earlier in the week.
    So, I'm off now, to begin my weekend of laundry, TV, online, naps and other assorted fun things.
    Stay well, behave, avoid becoming a chalk outline.:D

th (11).jpeg

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning and Happy Friday! @Ike Willis - Thanks for the pointers!:)
    [​IMG]

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is such a delicate and beautiful flower, @Patsy Faye , and just perfect for the good morning wishes ! I woke up early today, and was up with Bobby at just after 5:30, and am now having my morning coffee while Bobby listens to his favorite radio news program.
    Today is a fitness day, so we will be going there around 9-ish. The swim fins ("flippers" to you, Patsy) that I got a couple months ago have really helped me with strengthening my legs, and I am always worn out after my swimming exercises.
    A few years ago, we had rented one of those entertainment centers with an electric fireplace in it; but when we moved back to Huntsville, we gave it back to Aaron's Rentals. We have missed it ever since, because we both just love the ambiance of the electric fireplace, as well as the nice warmth.
    Doing the rent-to-own costs a whole lot more than buying the same item outright; but since we don't have the cash to just go and spend several hundred dollars to buy one, we decided to just rent one from Aaron's again.
    They are supposed to bring it today, so we have been cleaning and moving furniture around to leave the room for the media center. We can even set up the stereo system and connect it to the television, so once we have it set up, it will be awesome.
    The stand that we have had the television sitting on will be perfect for me to use it as a book shelf; so I can get all of my books out of the closet, and have them out here in the bookshelf.
    It looks something like this one, but with lighter wood.
    IMG_0043.JPG

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Good morning everyone! Still 80. :(

@Yvonne Smith , that looks nice...I have a gas fireplace built in my living room but I haven't turned it on in about 7 years or whenever my ex left. Now, I'd be afraid to because I have no idea if my chimney needs cleaning or even if my fluke is opened or closed or even what it's opposed to be. Too hot now anyway, plus I'm never in my living room so it's just another thing that I don't use.

@Patsy Faye ...feel better!! Just relax and visit on the forum. :)

14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Friday Morning, Y'all. It's very overcast today, although the sky was pretty a while ago when I was out feeding the cats & taking out the trash. There were streams of clouds going across the blue sky. It might rain a bit, but I don't think anything severe's in the forecast. I was awake in the middle of the night again, so I got some reading done. I like any sort of fireplace. I miss the one I used to have, it was very cozy on the cold nights that sometimes show up here. Have a great day, everyone!

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hello girls, took it easy this afternoon (sensible) and I feel a little better
    You're right Chrissy, a little bit o forum will lift me spirits :)