The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all. Like @Joe Riley, I woke up from an interesting dream, but I wasn't working. It seemed like an interesting situation, and I was intrigued, but then woke up. I'm always crabby when that happens, so I made coffee, which I desperately need. Everyone's fed except the birds. I can't see well enough through the sheers to know if I need to go feed them, but I'm betting the answer is yes. Today is the day I will vote. I'm going to jump on that (gingerly) after I finish up here, then get it off in the mailbox and out of my way, before I forget. Maybe I'll vote on the balcony, but I'm not familiar enough with some of the candidates, so I'll no doubt be Googling them before casting my votes.

Happy Halloween, everyone. Hope it's a good day all around. Be sure to avoid the pranksters that abound this time of year. I can recall when I was a teenager and it was all the rage to go around spraying Nair (hair remover) in girls' hair, and egg people as they walked around. I always tried not to be caught walking then, and it was the days surrounding Halloween, as well as the day/night itself.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a weird dream also and the parts I remember are I was in the middle of the field at Wrigley stadium, near the pitcher's mound and it was in the later innings and everyone was cheering because this unknown pitcher struck out a Cub player and that was the 3rd out.

I just remember standing there, confused...just hoping this wasn't the final inning and that the Cubs lost...woke up to find they won!!

My first ever baseball dream.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

What a clever Ike you are - yes indeedy
    @Ike Willis
    :D

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well I'm all done at the dr everything is good!

I had every single thyroid and parathyroid test there was and they all came back
    Normal.

Vitamin D which was low last time is normal.

He was ok this time, no hug but don't want one anyway from him.

Patsy Faye and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all. Another busy one so will get on the net coffee break times. Enjoy your day all x

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Ike Willis

Registered

Mornin'. Hope this morning finds all my senior friends safe and well. Speaking of safe, the other night some brave thugs shot the hell out of a house here in my town. No one was hit, but there are many bullet holes in the front of the house. This is an almost daily occurrence in the quad cities, 25 miles upriver from my town. I hope the habit don't catch on here.
    I got my doc appointment over with yesterday, without much trouble. Doc gave me hell for not coming or calling after my emergency room visit. That was on a Saturday. On Monday I did call, but the nurse said doc wouldn't be in that day. So, I felt fine by then and let it go. Otherwise, everything is fine.
    The Quad City Times noospaper says we're in for a tough winter. I hope so. This is Iowa. We know tough winters. At least we old timers do. Lets cut out those wimpy snowfalls and get back to Iowa style winters.
    I can't wait for all this election crap to finally be over. I believe, after the smoke clears, the politicians remaining will just become more powerful and richer. And us common folk will be paying more to keep them that way. But, what do I know.
    Be careful out there. If the thugs don't get you, the politicians will, and we can't tell the difference anymore.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Happy Nov. 1st! Glad Halloween is over, Pickles barked nonstop we had a lot of trick-or-treaters.

69 today but the next few days will be back in the 70s we are having perfect weather now.

Im feeling energetic so think I will start cleaning out things, don't know what but everything needs cleaning out....may not be on as much as usual.

Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi Chrissy - glad you're feeling perky :D

[​IMG]Everyone :) Xx

Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, all, and Happy November! @Ike Willis - Seems that the dust never settles in this day and age, but hopefully, the the noospapers will be finding those crooked politicos and start doing their job to expose them! I always thought that the worst Winter is the one we are having. Keep the faith...better days ahead!

Ike Willis likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes....I guess it's all mental. After getting such a good report at the dr. Especially regarding my immune system and all the other stuff I was never tested for, I decided all I have to do is exercise more. Our weather is so perfect now so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Also just having make up on yesterday made me feel younger....I've let myself go the last year and now I think I'm back on track!

Think I need to be on my iPad less and in real life more.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

And of course a little Patsy helps too :rolleyes:
    :p
    Everything you say makes sense - keep going down that road !

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Another day, another holler! G-o-o-d- M-o-r-n-i-n-g!:D
    [​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Ike Willis

Registered

Mornin'. Hope all my senior friends are enjoying a pleasant morning. It's still dry and not too cool here.
    Bad news from Des Moines Iowa. Two police officers were killed last night, in an ambush. I lived in and worked there one summer, 1959. Wasn't so bad then.
    Anyone ever set fire to your dad's car? In the early spring of 1958, the front seat of my dad's beloved 1941 Buick caught fire. How, you might ask.
    Well, one Sunday I washed the car and was cleaning out the interior. My dad let me drive it to school because he worked the midnight shift and slept during the day. And, if he woke and wanted to go anywhere, he had the fishing car, which was a 1928-29 Ford "A".
    So, there I was, sweeping out the interior. I removed the ash trays and dumped them, but forgot to replace them. Monday morning came, and off the school I drove, ash trays sitting in a bench in the garage.
    There were a couple school mates living within a few blocks of our house that I picked up on the way. One was my cousin, the other was a friend I hung out with. Well, the friend smoked.
    This pal was riding in the back seat, puffing away on his morning cigarette. Now, the location of the back seat ash tray was in the center back of the front seat.
    My friend finished his smoke and went to put it out in the ash tray, which wasn't in place. His still lit cigarette fell down inside the back of the front seat. At first, my pal didn't say anything. Then, smoke started coming out the ash tray hole. Friend panicked. My cousin panicked. I panicked, stopping in front of a house. Friend ran up to the house, and thankfully they gave him a bucket of water.
    We pretty well wet down the seat to make sure nothing was in there still smoldering. It took my dad a bit longer to quit smoldering. My driving to school days were over though.
    I'm ashamed to say I put my dad through a lot.
    When I turned 23, my mom gave me the little brother I wish I had a long time back. And it started all over again for poor old dad. :oops:

1941 Buick just like dad's.
    th86TXHSQH.jpg

15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The Buick stops here!:eek:

Ike Willis likes this.