The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello Everyone :)
    [​IMG]
    Xx

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, y'all, happy Thursday!

@Ina I. Wonder Something is in the air. I've been fighting migraines and exacerbation of my other issues. It's supposed to cool off Saturday, & I'm hoping that helps. I was in bed most of yesterday & today will probably be the same. Posting from the phone is a pain, so I probably won't be on much until this passes.

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - wishing you well and very soon, hope the weather cools down, I'm sure that will help x

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

@Patsy Faye I never really ever look back. I walked on my first husband and forums are very much the same. Quite happy here xx

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Honey Gee - so right ! Its something we learn as we get older, going back - big mistake !

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Honey Gee I left a forum that had gone sour too. Just way too much bickering. I was sad to leave many of my friends behind, so I invited them here. I think many of SOC's members came here for the same reasons. We all just want a peaceful place to enjoy our friends. So, invite the ones you miss to join us here.

@Diane Lane I think your right about the allergies sticking around this area. We are still in the mid 80's temperatures around here. It's weird, but there are times I can tell when a bad storm is coming before the weatherman can. For some reason my head reacts to barometric pressures.

7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

What a great story Ike;) Your mom loved you, I'm sure you know that without a doubt;) Maybe your cuz did too, although I had a cuz and she was always tattling. I must have been doing some wrongs for her to be tattling, LOL! Thanks for sharing that, really put a huge smile on my face;)

8. Denise Evans

Registered

I think it's neat that we are so interesting people want to peep in, LOL!!

[​IMG]

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Morning All!! Nice to come in and see all the jabberin goin on. I get to hear my one neighbor while she is getting her brekkie, and it's nice to know she is there. She's a real sweetie, 80 some years old, and a pistol;)

Anyway, everyone have a great day!

[​IMG]

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, @Patsy Faye, I know you can relate.

It's overcast, and that seems to keep whatever it is close down to us and affect my breathing @Ina I. Wonder, as well as fostering migraines. My head and chest have been very stuffy and I can't think straight, between the Fibrofog and Migraine. I went to do something earlier and was informed my payment method had expired, then I realized ruh roh, my phone payment night not go through, either. My debit card had expired on the 31st, and I'd forgotten how many things I paid with that card. I went to log in, and ended up getting locked out of the account because I forgot the password & couldn't remember my two security question answers. I can't believe I blanked on my favorite type of food, but I did. I like so many... crazy question, haha. I was able to get it straightened out and add the new card, although they might still reset my password, since I'd emailed them in the interim, asking them to change it to something generic & email it to me, because I had to go back to bed re: migraine. I don't care if they do that, if so, I'll just reset it again. I'm just glad my phone will be working, since I don't have a cell phone for a back up method of communication.

O.k., back to bed I go. Hopefully this will pass soon, and we'll all be feeling better. The AC just kicked back on...and I just finished paying last month's electric bill, ugh!

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't let it get you down, Diane, live to fight another day!;)

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane
    upload_2016-11-4_8-58-38.jpeg
    You just rest up x
    I hate those days when your mind is a fog, can't think straight, but we know it will pass and clarity will be back
    :) x

14. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. It's looking to be a nice day. Clear, cool but not cold, and sunny. It's my last doc appointment for the next two months. Just the foot doc.
    I always had trouble with my feet. Trouble finding shoes that fit really well. Once, I bought a pair of Wellington boots. I got lucky. They were so comfortable, I bought another pair right away, so I wouldn't be without. My dad liked Wellington boots and wore them most of the time. Dad told me when he was based in England during the war, Wellington boots were the most prized, and most stolen, footwear of all.
    Sometimes English aircrews had to stay at an American base over night. They were warned not to take their boots off while they slept. Seems English fliers were returning to their bases wearing inferior American shoes. The Wellington boots aircrews wore were lined with sheepskin. Warm at the high altitudes, and highly prized by all.
    Once, while my kids were still mostly lil' snots, I walked through the living room with bare feet in the dark. Bad mistake. I stepped on a toy and drove a part of it deep into my heel. It went in so far my wife had to pull it out. I couldn't put any weight on my heel for a long time. And that only added to my back problems.
    Another time, I was walking up a creek bed with my sil and bil. We were hunting mushrooms. The creek bed was sandy with only a trickle of water running. All of a sudden, as I took a step, the seemingly solid sand gave way and I went down nearly to my waist. Lucky for me someone was with me. They pulled me free and onto solid ground.
    Well, that's all the foot stories I got. So, tread carefully out there.:oops:

15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis - Your story reminds me of the western movies where the riders come apon a few guys, who died of lead poisoning, and after a quick sizing-up, steal their boots to upgrade their own worn out ones.:mad: Have a good morning, and be sure to have breakfast with your boots on!
    [​IMG]