The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Still trying to get the video. Haven't forgotten x

2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning All.
    We hit 82° yesterday and set a record. Almost warm enough to melt my 'Moon Pies' !
    Busy day at work planned, got a couple of equipment overhauls on the menu.
    Enjoy the Day...

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, and Happy Friday to all! Hope you have a grand day!;)
    [​IMG]

Diane Lane, Patsy Faye and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone. It was 73 degrees at midnight, our high for the day as the cold front comes through. It just started raining a few minutes ago. I see you folks north of us have already felt the effects of the cold front. Stay warm.

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Woke up at 4:30am this mornin' and the TV was on. Hm-m-m. I wonder who was here watching TV while I slept?
    At least it was tuned to FOX news. Whoever it was has good taste.:D
    Ever notice how wake up sounds change as we age?
    When I started school, my wake up sounds was my mom's slamming around the house, getting dressed, then making breakfast. Then, it was the old third degree or 20 questions while I tried to eat.
    The summers while we lived on our farm was the best. My parents went off to their town jobs, leaving me to get up on my own. I would wake to the sounds of a neighbor's windmill, creaking and banging as it turned in the breeze. Chickens making chicken noises, a tractor chugging it's way through a field, cows complaining about who knows what. Don't forget the pigs, squealing in disagreement over who gets what.
    When I was married and had a house, weekend sounds were power mowers in the summer and snow plows in the winter.
    Now, I usually awake to sirens screaming, train noises, garbage trucks and traffic sounds.:(
    However, I'm happy to just keep waking up.:)
    Have a great weekend y'all.

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it all sounded great @Ike Willis - till you got to 'now' :(
    Times have changed alright and not for the better ........
    Well here's to how it was :)

[​IMG] Everyone xx

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, y'all, and happy Friday! It was a beautiful sky this a.m. I'll see if I can email myself some pics to post later. We've got a cold front coming in later today, but before that, it's going to be in the 80s again. That's better than the 90s and 100s, but c'mon, it's November :p. Bring on the cooler temperatures already!

It's trash day again, and yet again, the huge TV is sitting on the neighbor's front lawn. It's funny how code enforcement comes to harass people with a few bricks in their driveway, but lets something like that go. He must be connected. Maybe his mom's friends with code enforcement. Oh well. At least it detracts from the weeds in my ditch ;). I'm enjoying a piece of toast slathered with butter and marmalade, since I bought a big jar of it the other day. Hope y'all are having a great day.

@Patsy Faye Hope you're having a decent day. Hugs!

9. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi all hope you are well. I woke with an awful virus that is affecting the islands at the moment. Sore throat, temperature and bad tummy.

Just trying to sleep it off.

Hope your day is good. I maybe off air for a couple of days x

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Was just going to let the folks know Honey - now you give in and rest
    See you soon me darlin' xx
    [​IMG] X

Diane Lane and Honey Gee like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - Aah, good to see you chirpy, I could sense your enjoyment of that toast :) Its a good sign xx

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for your concern @Patsy Faye. Still feel as though I have swallowed à box of nails. Taking it easy today once I work out how my Kindle has changed into French?

Have à great day everyone.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Honey Gee - You should try these capsules, they are really good 'cold and flu capsules'
    Asda and Tesco have their own make, it seems every company make them. I'm sure they would help you at 2 doses
    a day. Maybe some honey too for your throat xx

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks @Patsy Faye we have an equivalent here too . We can't get medications in supermarkets and have to see the Pharmacist in the chemists. Hubby's been dispatched this morning. Xxx

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Here it is, a cold 36 degrees, winds gusting to 40+ MPH, partly cloudy Saturday morning. It's 4:35am, do you know where your dog is? Someone's dogs are outdoors near here, barking their heads off.
    Speaking of dogs, I always had trouble with dogs. Probably because all the dogs I ever got turned out to be democrats. All they wanted to do is eat, sleep and chase the female's.
    My neighbor raised German Shepard's, dogs, that is. There was no end of trouble with them.
    My dad came to my house once, and parked at the end of my driveway, next to my house. When he went to leave, one of neighbors dogs was running loose and wouldn't let dad get to his car. They always let their dogs run loose. When anyone called the cops for the dog cop, neighbors heard the call go out on their police scanner, and would coral their dogs in time. So, I put a light load of birdshot in the mutts azz. No more trouble.
    The chief of police and the mayor came to my house, asking what was going on. I explained it all to them, but not much happened.
    Later, one of my daughters was delivering newspapers in the neighborhood. Another German Shepard dog ran out of a yard and bit her on the leg, hard enough to draw blood and need a bandage. This time, the dog got took away and checked for rabies. I don't know what happened to the owner, if anything.
    My trouble with dogs goes back to the days when I used to walk to dear old St. Mary's grammar school. I carried a sack lunch then. One morning, a huge black dog ran out of a yard, grabbed my lunch and ran off a short ways to tear it apart and eat. Much to the delight of my cousin, who was walking with me.
    Walking home from high school one day, I was about a block from my house and was set upon by two stray mutts running amok. They were a bit smaller than a German Shepard. They kept running up behind me and one or the other would nip at my legs. One gave me a good bite. When I got home, I told dad and doused my bite with antiseptic. Dad said get your air rifle and lets find 'em.
    We only drove about two blocks, and there they were, attacking another dog. Dad said to give my gun a couple pumps and shoot 'em in the rear. My air rifle was a Sheridan pneumatic. You pump it to the power you want. Two or three pumps for basement range target shooting, eight or ten to kill squirrels. It fired 5 MM lead pellets.
    Well, I pumped it to it's limit and put a pellet in the ribs of the dog that bit me. I thought I killed him. He hunched up, yowling terribly and struggled to move for a few minutes, then finally limped off.
    And that's why dogs make me nervous, unless they're no bigger than, say, a football.
    So, keep your eyes open. You never know what's sneaking up behind you.
    BLACK_WOLF_.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016