The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Bright Sunshiny Sunday to y'all. Good Morning, as well ;). I finally gave up and turned on the heat to take the chill out of the house, so I could get out of bed. It kept drawing me back to read and relax, since it is a day of rest. I've got the thermostat on 71 for now, but it's going down as soon as the house reaches that temperature. I don't need it toasty, just a bit warmer than 62.

@Ike Willis Maybe you could do a sort of oral history project for your kids and grandkids, the story of Ike. You could record some of your (and their) favorite tales, so they could remember them in the future. We all enjoy reading your stories, and I'm sure hearing them in your own voice would be nice...or, it could be a video history. Just a thought.

I lost a few days recently, when I was in bed most of the day. I actually slept 12 hours straight on Friday into Saturday. I have lots to catch up on, but that's not going to happen in any hurry.

I hope y'all are doing well and having a nice day :).

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm leaving today, rain or no rain so if I don't see ya ....have a wonderful Thanksgiving! But I'll probably see ya since my daughter is working Tuesday and Wednesday.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning. Gosh it would be so nice if someone brought me coffee and a sweet treat in bed this morning. It's chilly here at my daughter's in Texas and I just don't want to get out from under these covers. It's also 4:20am and unless they have a coffee fairy here that I don't know about the only way I'm going to get my cup of coffee is to brave the cold and get my own. :) Two more play days with my my youngest grandkids and I'm heading back home to Louisiana. My how time flies when you're having fun. Hope everyone has some fun in their day today. IMG_3673.JPG IMG_3684.JPG

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

What is it today and yesterday?. I won't be around much today.

Good morning all x

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a clear, balmy 19 degrees here in the land of corn and bacon. It's only 5am though, so it'll warm up to maybe 30's + later. I want snow and I want it now. Sorry Beth.:D
    Y'all have a great day. Need more coffee.:)

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well @Ike Willis I hope you get your snow then and plenty of coffee too. :)

Ike Willis and Diane Lane like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Painful day today to get through
    [​IMG] Everyone xx

8. Diane Lane

Registered

Good Morning, everyone! It's a sunny one. I've been up for hours now, tweeting, reading, taking my bath, etc., I haven't fed anyone yet, that comes next. The kitties are letting their displeasure be known. I try to keep them and the strays on a schedule, otherwise they hound me 24/7 for food.

@Chrissy Cross Safe travels! If we don't see you, have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family!

@Patsy Faye Sorry you're not feeling well. I wish we could all be spontaneously healed of this nasty disease.

It's chilly, but I'm enjoying the chilly air in the room, and snuggling up in bed with a hot cup of tea and a good book when I wake up early. I decided to hold off on wrapping the pipes until the ground dries. I don't want to go into the snake pit (north side of the house where I never go) until that happens. The one in the driveway is no big deal. O.k., Shannon is telling me to get off the computer and feed them. Hope everyone has a great day!

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks @Diane Lane, I drove here yesterday and did go through some bad weather and on the worst part of my drive..Pacheco Pass. I had heavy rain and fog and it was pretty much a white out but I'm here.

My daughter is off today so shopping and getting a pedi. She's running this morning, I'm not. She has the turkey trot she does every Thanksgiving morning..a 5k which I'll just probably watch. You can walk it and I have but that was when I was walking 3+ miles every day.

The whole week I'm here will be about 60 degrees, so a little cooler than I'm used to.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  10. Diane Lane

Registered

O.k., I thought I saw you say you were driving the other day, but I'm a bit scattered lately. It's good that you're there and settled in before the holiday traffic hits the road. I didn't like driving this week when I was working. I sometimes traveled home for Thanksgiving, and the excitement won out over the aggravation, but I'm glad these days I can just relax at home or go to the local park. I might have to pick up a few things, but if so, I'm going to do it sooner, rather than later, because I know traffic here both on the roads and in the stores will be a mess.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes I left yesterday even though rain was predicted because otherwise I'd have to have left very early this morning in rush hour traffic....since my daughter is off today I wanted to be here.

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all.

Hope it's a good one for you all.

Had heavy rains last night and oh yes we have a leak in the frame of our window.

It never rains but it pours :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Warmer this am but rain coming this evening and half of tomorrow. Good. Nothing like a cold rain to keep the punks off the streets. Trouble is, they move into the stores then.
    Anyway, i'm staying right here in my warm, dry apartment. Just too old and cranky to put up with crowds of rude strangers.
    Last night I watched the movie "Bad moms". I give it 2 1/2 stars. It had a few funny parts, but the potential to have been hilarious was lost due to some poor acting. Add some unrealistic and over long scenes, and you get a dud, IMO.
    So, tonight I think i'll just turn on the old TV and say, "go ahead, make my day."
    The TV will say, "you talkin to me?"
    I say, "snap out of it."
    The TV says, "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I say, "Here's looking at you, kid."
    Hours later the TV says, "This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."
    I watch so much TV, I talk in movie quotes.
    "Here's looking at you, kid.":D

15. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband knows all of the Monty Python quotes. Keeps him amused for hours;-)