The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I do not believe it. Armed with our rucksacks to hold water as we live about an hour from the city so bus up. I suddenly realised our local shops are closed. On chatting to a local Spanish guy were told it was a bank holiday, they have so many. To celebrate the over throwing of Franco.

Trip off but had tapas instead in our local town. This has happened to us before folks :)

2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning all. Is it safe yes no bank holiday. There is another tommorow though. Quick lets get that bus.

Have a great day all.

Terry Page and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning it's cold at -9c (15f) and snow is falling, the photo is from a sunny yesterday ....have a good Wednesday..

Picture11.jpg

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG] Everyone Xx

Diane Lane, Terry Page and Ike Willis like this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (74).jpg

Good Morning Beautiful People!

Got up this morning and realized even though my body felt like it is 120 years old, my mind feels like it is 16! :) Life, no matter whether it brings joy or sorrow..is worth waking up to every morning. So my wish for all of us today is the your life this day may be blessed in such a way that before you go to sleep tonight you will be thankful that you woke up this morning. :)

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Cold and breezy here in the heartland. 23 degrees with a 14MPH breeze. Makes it feel like 11 degrees. Let 'er blow. I'm staying in and all the windows are shut and the heat is on.
    Grub delivery ladies are coming later. Bet they hate being in and out in the cold all day.
    Today is my youngest daughter's birthday. Happy birthday Dianne.
    Dianne, age 2-3. 1969.

389998_10201469435682981_1166390165_n.jpg

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Chilly Morning to everyone! If you're going outside, be sure to button up your overcoat! ;)

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Love that.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Me too !! :D

Hello there Ike - 1969 - a 'very' good year :)

Babs Hunt and Ike Willis like this.
  10. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Whey hey we did it! New clothes purchased!,Tapas and even managed a slice of apple cake for afternoon tea.

Back home tired but happy;)

11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all. Brr, it's a bit chilly here. I've already been out feeding the birds and sweeping the balcony. I've got a bag out there about half full, but there are plenty left on the trees here. We're (probably @Ina I. Wonder) supposed to get a light freeze in a few nights. It probably won't hit us down here on the coast, but I moved my plants together and wrapped them jus t in case. I set up two shelters for the strays on my back porch, where I can glance out the door and check on them. I'm going to the dollar store at the end of the week, and am going to pick up a few extra towels to put in them, so they're snuggly and warm.

My head feels as if it's about to explode. I've got another ear infection and my chest's all congested, as well. I've got so much going on here that I might not be on as much until I'm feeling better. I finally tackled the Medicare issue and selected an actual plan. Hopefully next year will be a better one, and I'll be able to get some treatment and feel better. I hope everyone's having a good day.

@Honey Gee Would it be possible to get a calendar with all of the local holidays included? That would probably help y'all plan and avoid wasted trips, although stopping for a nice meal's never a waste in my opinion :).

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Aah ear infections,its horrible Diane, I have me fair share too
    Hope you find something to help xx

@Diane Lane

13. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning All. We have one @Diane Lane. It is all the others they pop in throughout the year :) No harm done, we just do other things. You bide your time when you are retired.

Have a good one folks.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

good-morning-cartoon.png

Good Morning. @Diane Lane I hope you feel better soon. @Honey Gee I hope you enjoyed your retail therapy and your lunch. @Ike Willis stay warm.

To all of you today that have loss loved ones in the recent past and are feeling the sadness of that loss at this time may the love you have for them lift your spirits and may the cherished memories you made with them bring you comfort and peace.

I'm going to have my two youngest grandkids again today, they will be heading back to their home in Texas by Sunday. Last night I finished the blankets I was making for them and will give them to them while they are here with me. Those blankets should keep them nice and warm this Winter.

IMG_3749.JPG

May today be a good one for all of us. :)

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Very pretty blankets @Babs Hunt - well done ! :)

Diane Lane and Babs Hunt like this.