The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone. Last day at my daughter's house, tomorrow morning I leave for Illinois.

Today we are going shopping during the day and then going to Pacific Grove to a cool pizza place for dinner and after dinner doing a walking tour of Candy Cane Lane.

All the houses are decorated to the hilt for Christmas there....haven't been in many years.

Diane Lane, Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha, it does Patsy.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Our Early Christmas

Our early Christmas celebration went well, I cooked some pork with apples onions and spices in the slow cooker and then roasted some potatoes, peppers, Japanese radish, courgettes and mushrooms with mashed carrots.

c3.JPG

The flaming Christmas pudding with vodka
    c1.jpg

The presents...
    c4.jpg

Our Selfie...
    c2.jpg

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Gosh ! It do look posh ! Well done Terry ! :)
    @Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good brisk and chilly Sunday morning to y'all! The temperature dropped about 40 degrees between yesterday and today. Pipes are wrapped, so am I. I actually have pajama pants on with my nightgown. I'm doing my last load of laundry for the weekend, and am going to snuggle up in bed with the kitties and read a little before I do anything more. The strays have a nice shelter set up. A friend sent me a large totally plastic wrapped cardboard box filled with old bedding that I set up for the stray kitties shelter on the back porch. As of right now, Grayson is sitting on top of it, collapsing the center, as he cleans himself. It's stuffed with warm torn old blanket. She gets free shipping, and this is how she cleans her house and helps me and the strays out yearly. I have a smaller shelter each for them, so they can get out of the rain, but this is larger, so they can snuggle together and keep each other company and stay warm. By the time the threat of freezes has passed, it'll be a mess, and I can just toss it.

I still can't kick this sinus/ear infection, but at least it's breaking up somewhat. It seems the allergens blow in with the weather, and there's a ton of leaf mold blowing around right now. I'll be raking/sweeping up another load of leaves once this system passes and I'm feeling better. I've got downstairs decorated, but I made the mistake of putting the tree next to the loveseat, and Ryan kept sitting on the arm of it, rearranging the garland and ornaments. I finally moved it. I'm still working on my little one up here, but I keep it lit day and night :D. I'll post a pic if I can. Hope y'all have been doing well and have a great Christmas week!

7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Another, lovely gif, thank you Terry and have a geat Christmas:)

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Great photos Terry!! I love to see a bit of other countries decors:) Also, that meal looked good, and, slickery, but good;) Oh, and the flaming dessert!!

Terry Page and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

Good Morning Humanoids! And any Animals that can use a keyboard, like me:

arang good morning.gif

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is way colder here today , too; but not as bad as some of us have been reporting in the colder parts of the US.
    What is the weather like over where you are at @Patsy Faye ? I remember you telling us how hot it was last summer; but can't think of any specifics on what kind of weather you are having now. Do you get snow over there, or just wet and rainy and cold like we mostly have here in the southern United States in the winter ?
    Last night at bedtime, it was 72 degrees (F) here, but the weather app had a "winter weather advisory" on it, which was rather funny with the balmy 72 weather.
    However, today, it is sitting right below freezing, and we have had freezing rain all morning long. Supposed to stop raining and continue to get colder for the rest of the day. Staying cold pretty much all the way through the Christmas holidays, it looks like.
    It is definitely a day for staying inside and keeping warm.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Well, I hope my destination is heaven/paradise, but where I live now, yeah, that's a good idea @Patsy Faye & @Ina I. Wonder I'll put mine in now;) Some people won't want to and I can understand the fear that comes into play, but if you aren't specific, like, you could at least put Earth, LOL!! Unless you are from Pluto, Venus, Mars, you know;)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - We are having the most odd weather ever Yvonne
    So hot and humid this summer and now hardly cold and it should be by now, the other day it was like Spring
    now its Autumn weather, just cool really
    We don't get much in the way of snow - I hope we don't this year, been 2/3 years since we had that :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Lovely Christmas pics @Terry Page and your meal looked delicious too. I can see the joy on your faces and that is also lovely! :)