The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, I'll bookmark that for when I'm up to reading a bit more. I think this one's allergy/sinus induced, so going to treat those issues as well, and hopefully will be better soon. Hope y'all have a nice Christmas! xoxo

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane - just read that a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water cures head pain and arthritis
    Will try it meself :) Bet it don't taste nice .................

Chrissy Cross and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I have been doing that for years. I don't mind the taste now, since I'm used to it. I keep a small container of it up here just for that purpose. That looks like a great site with a lot of information I'll find useful, thanks so much for sharing!

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh - the bicarb doesn't work for you then ............
    @Diane Lane

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Good morning @Terry Page - hope your journey went well
    I don't know what happened to 'Barbara' with her gales and rain, we had them in the afternoon and
    amazingly by 9pm suddenly stopped ! I thought of you arriving at 9pm. I guess she ran out of puff :p
    Hopefully that was the case for you :)

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2016-12-24_8-57-1.jpeg Good morning everyone Xx
    Hope its a good day for you :)

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (13).jpg fda9e268bf38adff1062c495991c59b7.jpg th (82).jpg
    Happy Christmas Eve Everyone. :)

@Ike Willis Now this is my kind of fruit cake...I cut you a slice and hope you enjoy it. :)
    @Patsy Faye There's a slice waiting to be cut for you if you would like one too. ;)

Today will be a busy one. I still have 2 stealin' Santa gifts to buy and wrap, and the Christmas cake and salad fixings to buy and put together before we gather together around 1pm at my oldest daughter's. The weather is going to be around 76 degrees with some warm breezes...but I am going to wear this year one of my long sleeved Christmas outfits I picked out last year but didn't get to wear because it was so hot. IMG_1343.JPG IMG_1344.JPG

I'm missing my youngest daughter and her Family knowing they won't gather with us this year...but we will Skype and do some Facetime with them and that will have to do for this year.

10882097_749120721803128_4465423555222725672_n.jpg Here's a little Christmas cheer from my Honey to all of you...he's singing Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree...so if you can't rock, just roll. :)
    A Blessed and joy filled Christmas Eve to all of you this day. :)

Attached Files:

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Babs. It sure looks good. :)

Babs Hunt and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning All

Up early as usual. It's 55° and some rain.
    Christmas Day should hit 70° and clear.
    Nice that I can escape to the patio if need be.
    (my wife calls it 'hiding, with a cup of Christmas Cheer'...:rolleyes:)

Enjoy Your Day

10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

So, here it is, 6am on yet another Christmas eve. All is quiet here high atop my third story apartment, in one of my city's four skyscrapers. No slam-banging garbage truck. No yappy dogs barking at shadows. Not even any traffic moving around out there. Maybe it happened. Maybe everyone in the world was whisked away but me. OMG! What'll I do?
    Snap out of it, you old fool. I just heard a door slam down the hall.
    So, I turned FOX on to see what kind of mayhem is going on. Obama stuck the dagger in to the hilt, in Israel's back. Who didn't see that coming?
    If you ever board a plane, and the Obama's are on it, get off immediately. Karma is closing in on the big O, and you don't want to be nearby.
    I gotta get another mug of coffee. That first one was barely enough to wash down a still half cold sausage-egg-cheese breakfast biscuit. I didn't leave it in the oven long enough. That oughta teach me.
    Well, gotta run my liberal trap line. I see my warning lights are going on. Must have caught something. :D

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, everyone! looks to be a mild Christmas around here...but I'll take it! We can always dream about snow..... Have a grand Christmas!;)
    [​IMG]

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Babs Hunt - like the outfits Babs and thanks for that slice of cake, very yummy it was :D
    Just been doing laundry and as I guessed everyone doing their last bits :(
    Wish I owned that laundry, they'd have to have a permit to get in :p

@Ike Willis - LOL
    @Joe Riley Its a warm Christmas for us too - that's a first :p

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning! Was a very busy day yesterday, started off bad, was good in the middle and ended bad with the oldest being sick and throwing up.

Went to the Star Wars movie which was supposed to start at 10:00. I knew something was wrong when we walked in....nothing was showing on the screen. 45 mins later after waiting for something to show...we left. I don't know what the issue was but they couldn't get it working. We got vouchers for an IMAX movie and free popcorn. We will probably see it next Sunday.

Then it was lunch at the Brewery where we met their friends who own it. They have three kids and I've never seen such bad kids in my life! We were there a few hours, came home for 10 mins and went to the house of the dentist my DIl is an associate with....NICE house on a golf course....they have 4 kids....there was a cookie decorating party there. Came home around 8:00 pm and crashed in front of the TV.

Today, since the older boy is sick we're just resting. I'm sure whatever he has will be passed to his brothers and I hope not to me.

Church at 5 but if the oldest one is still sick, I'll volunteer to stay home with him. :)

I think I took a pic of the cookie decorating table last night, will post later.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

@Ike Willis ....you should give the liberals a present for Christmas....no traps. :)

@Babs Hunt nice outfits.

@Joe Riley , we're almost 60 today, warmer than California.

@Patsy Faye ....is today laundry day? Missing you.

Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Chrissy Cross - maybe he just ate too many sweet things ...........

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

They all did! He wasn't feel great before the party and seemed to go through bouts of feeling chilled to being fine.

I haven't seen him yet this morning.