The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt - hope all goes well for you Babs - I experienced the same, it was stress related. Nothing like the
    palpitations I had experienced before, this was unbelievable. Hopefully it will pass for you :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG]Everyone Xx
    Terrible morning for me, had to go back to bed, beginning to settle down now :)

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I sure hope things get better Patsy

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - where are you - hope you had somethin' to eat

[​IMG]

Babs Hunt and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

'Mornin'. Babs and Patsy, get to feeling better soon. Well, i'm off to a late start this cold, overcast and snowy Thursday. Actually, I started early, but was doing what my mom called, "The warsh". I only did half of it because I didn't want to hog the laundry room. The other half is stuff I don't need right away.
    So, I look out of my third story penthouse suite, from one of my towns four skyscrapers, and gaze upon a beautiful view of a snow covered #3 alley. All my windows face this alley, so there.
    Haven't been sleeping much nor well lately. Wake up short of breath, and have several other symptoms. This morning I looked up the symptoms, to see what ailments I might have. I either have cancer of the throat, or esophagus, or mouth, or pneumonia, or infection of the lungs and a few other equally gruesome sounding things.
    I called my nurse and told her about it. She advised me not to look up stuff like symptoms. It just confuses you and scares you into feeling even sicker.
    I just came from my two liberal trap lines. There's plenty of bait littering the sites. Lots of fun to be had.
    Watched an excellent crime movie early this morning. "Kill the Irishman" was the title. It was based on a real life Irish gangster in Cleveland in the 1960-70's, named Danny Greene.
    Don't know what's up from here on out this weekend. As usual, I ain't going anywhere and only got one load of laundry left to do. That leaves me lots of free time for the important things, like naps and such.
    Behave yourselves and be careful. Don't become one of those chalk people.
    death-artist-embellishment-crime-crime_scenes-dead_bodies-jlvn115_low.jpg

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

a40e7b0c93b57a36c506ac40c71625b2.jpg
    :p @Ike Willis Hope you start feeling better soon.

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - Don't go looking on the net for what ails ya Ike, you're likely to catch somethin' just reading it ! :p
    Can happen ya know, the mind is all powerful. Let's give it a try and think ourselves better :D

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Good day to all you worldly people.

@Ike Willis , @Babs Hunt , and @Patsy Faye , I hope you get to feeling up to your normal perky selves real soon.

When I feel like something is wrong, I curl up, pull the covers over my head and try to sleep until things feel better. I have to see my doctor monthly, so I figure if it's serious he'll tell me. I figure I should get something for all I spend in his office.

I find my anxiety level stays lower if I can ignore what my body is saying. While working, most of us spent our time focusing on the details of getting everything done in less time than was alotted for the tasks. Retirement leaves you with too much time to think and focus on things we have little control over.

IMG_4344.JPG

11. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning it's around 7 am here, because Lisa is still on Russian time we tend to be in bed asleep by 9pm so wake at 6 or earlier... it's a grey day and -1c .
    After the school run and breakfast we will go for a walk in the forest here, Katya's house backs on to the forest and though it's owned by the Queen's Crown Estates, the public have free access to it at all times. It's mainly Scots pine but some parts of it are mixed hardwood trees, it extends to over 2,600 acres in all and you can easily get lost in it which we have a few times [​IMG]

Have a great Friday....

[​IMG]

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

I want to walk that path - how lovely is that !
    Have a good day Terry but please don't get lost :D

@Terry Page

13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. It's 3am, 1 degree above 0, with a wind chill of about -12. Put on your woolies. Turn on the coffee maker.
    Got up at 2am. Couldn't sleep. Checked blood sugar. Low. So, I ate breakfast and, here i am, ready to do battle with those pesky libs.
    Don't think I'll do much today. Then again, who knows. I don't know. I never know.
    You ever wake up from a nap or sleep and wonder where everyone went? I've been doing that a lot lately. I dream i'm amongst family or friends, then wake up and, for just a second, I look around wondering where everyone went. Weird.
    Nice photo Terry. I used to haunt places like that. Will again one day.
    There's a TV show on called "Diggers". It's about two guys who visit different sites with metal detectors and find interesting artifacts buried in the ground.
    Back in better days, my dad bought a detector. He would let me use it. I wanted to buy my own but at the time, was only working part time.
    Anyway, I visited city parks, school playgrounds and other sites in my area. I found nothing valuable. Just a couple well rusted pocket knives, lots of keys, one ear ring with a large stone that proved to be just glass. Each summer I would find $10-12 dollars worth of coins.
    The fun was, each time the detector made that "beep" noise, it sent a charge of excitement up my spine. Who knew what might be just an inch or two under the dirt?
    So, bye for now.

0427-wires-CHARLIEB.jpg

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - you see what a breakfast can do for you, most important meal of the day - you need fuel :p

[​IMG]
    Feeling better emotionally which is good, don't like feeling down at all
    Hope its a good day for you all Xx :)

15. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

WE GOT SNOW!!! Not much so far, looks like about an inch on the ground. It's not snowing now but more is 'sposed to be coming.
    I'm gittin hungry, gonna go fry some sausage & eggs. Save me a place; I'll be back.