The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning! 106 today!

Just going out to walk Pickles soon but not doing Curves today and tomorrow they're closed. I think 5 days a week is good enough.

I'm thinking of going to my daughter's on the coast next Friday for about a week. Their temps are always in the 70's.

I usually go when there's a function or holiday or I have to watch my grandson but this time I'm just going for no reason at all....should be fun!

I'd go sooner but have an ophthalmologist appt next week.

Have a great weekend!

2. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good morning !
    Have a great Sunday !
    [​IMG]

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all, another hot summer's day has started, it's 8 am and I am still in bed in a refreshingly cool bedroom, it won't stay that way for long though as 90 f is forecast again. I have adjusted now, and simply surrender to the heat of the day by doing nothing [​IMG]

England won and Russia lost in the football matches yesterday, so mixed emotions in our mixed nationality household [​IMG]

I will get some coffee [​IMG]

Have a good Sunday.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Mornin' folks...

It's another verrry hot day today..

I bought a new cordless hedge trimmer, after I'd chopped the lead for the THIRD time on the Bosch one the other day while trimming the top of the hedges and hubs had repaired it 3 times already, so he was less than happy I'd done it again ...so now it's on charge ready to attack the hedges again today where I left off with the cabled one!!

Yesterday we were out all day , having lunch at the riverside with friends...it was wonderfully quiet everywhere, including the motorways because the World cup footie is currently on, and England were playing Sweden so everyone was indoors in homes and pubs watching it all afternoon...we chose a favourite pub restaurant by the river which had no sports TV in it..Bliss!!

Photo from yesterday...

This is the small outside dining area at the pub..with a waterfall...so cute

[​IMG]

Today despite the heat I have to do a clear out of my house..I've decided I'm going to go down the minimalist route... so I'm boxing loads of stuff to go to Charity!!

Have a good day everyone...don't get too hot!!

5. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all !
    Have a great week !

[​IMG]

6. Terry Page

Registered

Good evening to you all, it's been another hot day, but we did go out shopping for a new bikini for Lisa and I bought a pair of shorts, for our vacation next week. The rest of the day was spent running the children to and from school and nursery, plus sitting in the garden watching the birds and dragonflies at play.

Geoff was supposed to be coming home from hospital today, but the physiotherapist wouldn't sign him off, so I guess he needs to do some more exercises to get fully mobile.

I hope your day is going well....

[​IMG]

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Well-Known Member
    Registered

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Dang, no matter how much I try, I end up returning here. Even though I have had some difficult moments here, Ken and the rest of you are super people. All of you have your opinions about things, just like I do. I've got to be able to take the "good" with the "heat"/"bad". You may not always agree with me and visa/versa, but it's still a great forum.

Maryt Hope likes this.
  9. Terry Page

Registered

It's been a cooler day here in the mid 70s which is very pleasant, the heat comes back on Thursday evidently back into the 80s.
    I have spent a lot of today cleaning Katya's oven, which I usually do once a year when I am down here [​IMG] I somehow get pleasure from seeing it sparkling after removing all the brown gunk, simple pleasures for simple folk like me [​IMG]

I hope your day is going well....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  10. Terry Page

Registered

Good morning from sunny Bracknell, where it's a pleasant day in the 70s f, Lisa's daughter Katya and her husband James are having a great time on the island of São Miguel in the Azores, there are wild blue hydrangeas everywhere, one of my favourite shrubs, also lots of hot springs and beautiful countryside.
    Here are few of Katya's photos.

Have a good day...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the popular hot springs, this one flows into the sea...

[​IMG]

11. Terry Page

Registered

Good evening to you all, another pleasant day, though cloudier than it has been, I have been sorting through the stuff to take on our vacation, and packing most of it.
    I have just had some good news about Geoff, he is home at last, and feeling better already [​IMG]

Katya and James are on their way back from the Azores via Lisbon, arrive here in the early hours of tomorrow (Friday).

I hope your day is going well................. here are a few more photos of the Azores, some taken on a whale watching boat trip..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Katya by one of the many hot springs ..

[​IMG]

12. Nancy Hart

Registered

@Terry Page, great to hear Geoff is feeling better. Love your pictures. Thanks.

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Registered

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning all...

Fabulous pictures @Terry Page

I hadn't realised it's friday the 13th...but I was in the garden and suddenly a tortured scream went up from the Lithuanian girl next door,..then heart-rending sobs while her partner was soothing her she was sobbing, transpires her father has died. Poor girl, I presume he's Lithuania..

I haven't let them know I could hear her upset, but I'll go out soon and buy her some flowers..she's so heartbroken ...we've all been there and know that heartbreak

Glorious hot sunny day again.. there's not been a break from it in weeks...we're all getting ready to do a rain dance now...

What has been good about it is that, there's been no wondering what to wear each day ( due to our oft 4 seasons in one day)...simply a dress or shorts and top every day, Bliss!!

Yesterday I stood in the kitchen in the baking heat doing the long awaited ironing...thank god that's out of the way now...but I drank 2 bottles of iced water while I was doing it , it was so hot...

Then I drove down to our boat and spent some time just sitting and reading...it was soo peaceful on the river..

[​IMG]

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Holly, why does that water look SO green?? Nice looking boat.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  16. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Good morning everyone!

Hot here, triple digits...probably for the rest of the summer. Doesn't matter much when inside though with A/C.

Just dreading my bill...get it today I think.

After I get back from Curves, I'm going to start packing for my trip tomorrow to my daughter's where temps are PERFECT.....70's for the next 10 days!

Haven't decided how long I'll be gone but definitely staying a week.

They do have a Curves there also that I can use but when I'm at my daughter's I get my 10,000 steps in usually...we never just sit at home.

She is off so it will be a fun mother/daughter time....no special events, no grandson sitting...just relaxing.

Have a great day!

17. Holly Saunders

Registered

The river is a Canal Cody...underneath the water is a whole load of duckweed. Each piece of the plant is only the size of a ladybird but multiplies rapidly in the heat so as we're having a huge heatwave at the moment the canals are green

18. Holly Saunders

Registered

Just got back from a 2 hour walk around the woods and lakes behind my house

As you can perhaps see there's no duck weed in the lakes so they're very clear...apart from some reeds in the creeks....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, shortly we will be heading out on a week vacation to two states that most-to-all of southerners, east coast folks and Florida folks would never go for a vacation...….both Colorado and Wyoming. Heck, most folks here don't even know where those to states are! It will be pro-rodeo and "checking out the area" time. With both of us wearing cowboy hats and Roper type boots, we will probably look a little odd at Jacksonville International Airport.

20. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think it's rather insulting that you think people don't know where those states are.

Bet you don't know where most of the rest of the world is.

Get over yourself....you have this paranoia about people thinking it's odd for you to wear cowboy gear...especially at an airport where you see everything.

You are obsessed with this cowboy stuff...

Don Alaska likes this.
  21. Holly Saunders

Registered

hahaha...well you probably will stand out at Jacksonville airport . I'm sure there must be some people in the south who like to go on vacation to cooler states.. I know many people here in the south of England who go to Iceland and Greenland on vacation, to escape the heat

Good luck with the house hunting, when do you go?

22. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Holly, not house hunting! Only apartments. Due to finances, will never/ever have another house, but that is fine with us. To us, houses are too much work and money.

Sure hope Chrissy sees what you said about us at the airport. Looks like something you two have a difference in opinion on. LOL

Holly Saunders likes this.
  23. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I also read yesterday about some controversy about calling Wyoming The Cowboy State....seems the times are a changing.

24. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive been to many airports in the US and everybody dresses differently...people know when at an airport you'll be wearing different clothes.

Ive seen people in shorts in St Louis in winter who were heading to Hawaii.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  25. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Oh, WHATEVER!! Like you tell me, “I’m not going to let you ruin my day by what you say”.

Really don’t care if you think I’m insulting people here. I just know what they’ve told me, as in “don’t even know where Colorado or Wyoming is.”

Yes, we love the cowboy stuff, like you love you dog and Curves.

Have a nice time at your daughters.