The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Now the question arises as to whether I fill that cup with some good half and half chicory and pure or just chicory or pure. Such massive decisions to go with that nice big cup!

2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think @Yvonne Smith drinks Chicory?? We talked about it on a thread when I wanted to completely get off Caffeine. Obviously I am not doing that, for now;)

PS Oh right, this brings back memories of Euell Gibbons and his wild "chicory" nuts, or was that hickory, LOL! No joke though, this article is very interesting:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

She does when I make it or if it's too strong tasting she opts for some foo-foo coffee. Uh, foo-foo is my pet name for flavored coffee like raspberry and stuff like that.
    That said, chicory does have less caffeine by far but the real culprit is some blends of tea that have more caffeine than regular old Folgers or Chase and Sanborn or the likes.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I found one of those double-walled stainless steel tumblers on sale at Amazon and got myself one. It holds 20 oz. of coffee, or whatever you want to put in it, and will keep drinks cold overnight, and hot for several hours. It costs about the same as one of the specialty mugs costs if you were to go to Starbucks, or even the fancy ones at the grocery store; but it does a much better job than any of the insulated mugs than I have ever used before.
    This one also has a lid that seals tight; so it is very unlikely to spill unless it falls really hard and knocks the lid off.
    Here is a picture of what they look like. Mine does not have a logo like this, some do, some do not; but they all are wonderful for keeping any kind of iquids either hot or cold.
    I think that you would love it, too, @Denise Happyfeet ! !
    IMG_0169.JPG

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Afternoon, Y'all. Happy Friday and Happy Epiphany to those who celebrate. It's a Wintry day here. The wind's blowing quite a bit, and it's in the low to mid 30s, with a freeze coming tonight and I believe tomorrow, as well. Then, it's going to be back up in the 70s in a few days...ugh. I would be happy in the 30s for a few more days, then some 40s and 50s, even 60s. 70s and 80s mean big AC bills. I have to deal with that in the Summer, and don't want it in the Winter. I've got my trees lit and they'll stay on all day. I'll be baking later, and supper's already cooked, since it's leftovers from what I cooked last night. I'm starting to feel a teensy big better, but of course I knocked on wood for saying that, just in case. Hope everyone's doing o.k. I have to run and do some chores that have been piling up, so I skipped over some posts. Hope I didn't miss anything important. Have a beautiful afternoon/evening!

6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, that plastic lid keeps stuff hot for hours?? I will take a look at them yvonne, thank you a lot because I look in the stores, and can't find anything I trust enough to spend the money on!

PS 16-17 dollars here on my ebay. I do love ebay, always seem to get free shipping, and Amazon is almost always higher. I'll compare the prices ;)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...y+coolers.TRS0&_nkw=burrrsky+coolers&_sacat=0

Ok, there's a first, I think, 12.97 at amazon, oh, forgot to see if theres shipping cost. Free shipping ok, I'm going to get one;) Thanks again Yvonne;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

With Amazon, you do usually have shipping unless the order is over $50, or you have Prime, @Denise Happyfeet . Some will say free shipping, but those usually come from China and take forever to arrive; so eBay with free shipping is a better choice for you most likely.
    The plastic lid is quite thick, and the tumbler is double-wall stainless steel. If you have ever seen those stainless steel thermos bottles, this is actually similar to that, although not as good as the thermos because it seals completely.
    They come in both 20 oz. and 30 oz., and I have one of each . The large one I use in the summer for iced tea, and the smaller one is about the same size as my large coffee mug; but keeps the coffee hot all morning until I finish it.
    I like the feel of a regular mug; but then I always have Luke-warm coffee before long, since I don't drink it that fast. With the SS tumbler, it cools just about perfectly if you leave the little lid slider open, and then close it once the coffee cools down to the right temperature to drink it.

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all, we both kind of overslept here until 8am which with young children around is late, though they are very easy and the older ones look after themselves and entertain young Miro.
    It's a damp grey day here, but in Russia it has been -25c (-13F) so it's good to be here [​IMG] It is in fact Christmas day today in Russia though Lisa doesn't celebrate it, and the decorations will stay up here for some time now, a sort of eternal Christmas [​IMG]

No real plans for the day so it will be a lazy one I guess.....

Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do or not do........[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

About time you had a lazy day Terry, worn out sometimes keeping up with ya :p
    I had an eccentric Uncle, loved Christmas and didn't take the decorations down till Easter ! :D
    Every sentence by that man was so funny without trying to be, I love eccentrics :p

@Terry Page

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (8).jpg
    Good Morning @Terry Page and Merry Christmas! :D Good Morning @Patsy Faye @Yvonne Smith and to all who gather here this morning sooner or later. :p

It is 24 degrees here in Cajunland this morning with a wind chill of 11 degrees. I marked this down in my pocket Calendar because here we really don't get to many temperatures this low. Even witht the cold weather the sunrise
    IMG_3954.JPG
    this morning is glorious!

Have a beautiful morning everyone....and a blessed weekend!

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_3973.JPG IMG_3978.JPG
    This is strange...the sunrise pic in my first post went away and this is what is showing in the sky now. o_O

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning Ike..this one's for you @Ike Willis hope it brings "good memories" of your the German lady who used to be your next door neighbor. :p
    128955_600.jpg

13. Yvonne Smith

We are at 15F right now and the wind chill puts us at 1 degree above zero, and the wind is straight out of the north this morning. All the little dogs hurried with their morning chores outside and came back in shivering.
    I am bundled up in a warm bathrobe that Bobby gave me for our anniversary a few years back, and my socks on my feet. Bobby is in his sweat pants and top, so even he is chilly this morning and bundled up.
    We have not been to the fitness center since Wednesday because on Thursday, I was at the hospital doing the cardioversion (heart-shocking), and didn't want to do any exercise until the heart had a chance to stabilize a bit first. Today, even though it is bitterly cold, we did not get any snow, yesterday; so we are going to go to the fitness center around 10 when it is at least a little bit warmer here.
    The hot tub sounds wonderful today ! !
    Merry Christmas, @Terry Page , and I hope that this is a relaxing and joyful day for both you and Lisa !
    And good morning back to you, @Babs Hunt and also @Patsy Faye, and to everyone else here, as well .

14. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. My plans were to get going early and do that last load of "warsh". Got up to pee, sat down to get dressed, woke up about an hour later, repeated the process again, to the "get dressed" part. Yep. Fell back asleep again. I'll try again tomorrow.
    So, we got a day much like yesterday and probably tomorrow. No snow, but overcast and cold. BLAH!
    I've been adding a couple spoons of Nestle's Quick chocolate to my coffee in the morning. Not bad. Kinda like breakfast in a cup. Good on days you just don't wanna cook anything.
    Well, I better go check Facebook and see if all my family members are ok or need bail money.:)

15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Love the cartoon for Ike Babs :p
    I've been waiting for him to show his face this morning
    so I'll say .............................. :)

[​IMG]:p

Ike Willis, Terry Page and Babs Hunt like this.