The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh yes I forgot that you're not keen on the EVF Terry...but I will have a look at the Canon G5X... not keen on Panasonic... but I don't want to end up with anything like that Sony..remember? :eek:..great camera without the EVF..but with it...a disaster!!. Thanks mi chico.... I'll go and have a look at the reviews of the Canon

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, I have been gardening all day again, it's the small section at the bottom of the rear garden/yard, because we are on a hill the garden slopes down in three sections. It was overgrown with buddleia bushes and weeds, but is a lot more manageable now, hopefully. I will trim the hedges tomorrow, if my back recovers, it's a tad painful at the moment, I am not as young as I used to be [​IMG]

I hope you are all having a good day,

A couple of photos of the garden, plus a lot of bluebottle flies appeared while I was digging, I must have disturbed a nest .... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

47 F. this morning and cloudy, but not raining at the moment. Two grandchildren are coming over in a bit to pick from our abundance of raspberries. The flood warning has been downgraded to a watch, but some of our friends have washed out roads, so they cannot get in our out of their property until the water recedes.

4. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

[​IMG] Good afternoon everyone !
    Enjoy the weekend !

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Afternoon all...

from my home to yours..... ( our village church)

14825747226_fa18745599_b.jpg

It's a glorious hot day again after much needed torrential rain yesterday which flooded most of the roads, but unlike your friends @Don Alaska , I was still able to get in and out of my house despite the huge puddles on the access roads...fortunate that I live on top of a hill most of the water goes down...and doesn't sit here very much!! The fact we've had little or no rain for months meant that it flooded so much quicker because the ground was so hard and dry!!

Anyway, now the gardens have had had a good soaking and the sun is out... hubs has just been up on ladders attaching a new solar light to our barn shed, so we're going into town to pick up some supplies from the DIY store.. and get some lunch!! Apparently we're to get some more rain tomorrow...

have a good weekend everyone...

6. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Afternoon folks...

It's cloudy, and humid... I just finished creosoting the fences, and re-potting the hyacinths in a new pretty glossy red pot ... . It's set to rain, but as long as it doesn't rain for at least an hour the creosote will dry. I'm just popping out to the next town to the big box DIY store to buy a new pressure washer .!

Have a good Sunday everyone...

8. Terry Page

Registered

I spent most of yesterday at the annual re-enactment show where Cathy's partner performs and runs a replica WWII pub that he made himself, being a builder I guess he found it reasonably easy, all his profits go to charity. The pub is transported all over the UK to various shows during the summer season.

I did post some photos last year but here are a few I took yesterday, the weather was dull and cloudy, but at least it didn't rain.
    I ended up drinking rather a lot of Pink Gins in the pub, so eventually got a lift home with Cathy and slept till 6am this morning [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cathy, her son Oliver and partner Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Terry Page

Registered

A video I took of a storyteller who researches real life people from the early 20th century and presents a monologue of their life, he has presented some of his stories on the BBC....

10. Terry Page

Registered

The event takes place in the Spetchley Park estate near Worcester, home to the Berkeley family for 400 years with a manor house set in 4,500 acres of parkland and gardens, here are a few photos of the ancient family church and gardens..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The orangery with some bougainvillea and jasmine plants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

I remember the first time I saw Mike & Cathy's mobile replica WW2 I was totally bowled over, as was NJ.... it's just fantastic.. and these pictures are even better than the first ones... Superb!!...

Maryt Hope and Terry Page like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

LOVE your pictures, Terry.

I remember when wife and I went to an Old West event called End Of Trail, when we lived in So Calif.. It was held in an open field in Norco, CA, which is a horse town. People in Old West attire all over the place. It was terrific!

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Fresno has a Big Civil War reanactment every year...went one year with my ex... very interesting and authentic.

Think it's held in South Fresno, so not near me.

It's in October this year.

http://www.valleyhistory.org/index.php?c=112

I remember it being hot even towards the end of October, can't imagine doing anything like that in the summer months here.

Even our County Fair is in October usually.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  14. Terry Page

Registered

I spent this morning getting the car fixed with a new airbag, after a recall from Nissan, it was hilarious really, because having dropped the car off, and being told it would be ready by lunchtime, I decided to come home on the bus a 10 mile journey, having just got off the bus in Worcester I received a phone call to say it was ready, they had fitted it in earlier, so I got on the next bus back [​IMG] at least I have a free bus pass ...

Have a good Monday and week ahead.....

15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

16. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

[​IMG] Never know what the day may bring :)

17. Holly Saunders

Registered

36144289386_1b1597d000_b.jpg

Mornin' from my place to yours....

Sunny, but humid and slightly overcast today... not sure what it's going to do weather wise.

I slept badly last night so now, didn't get to sleep 'till nearly 4am and then up at 9am.. now at 1pm I feel really tired, but if I sleep during the day I end up staying up late at night and so the never ending circle begins..

Oh well. have a good Tuesday folks... whatever you're up to today...

18. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I sure don't and lately it's never been good! :(

19. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

Chrissy , your depressed honey child... I can send you my home phone nbr...you can call me and i can tell you all sort of sorted
    dirty things , that will make you laugh:D.. or you can go to dr. and get yourself a happy pill. If you already on one- it aint working.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  20. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I hate talking on the phone and I wish I had a happy pill...but I would email.

Maryt Hope likes this.
  21. Terry Page

Registered

Today has been one of those days when nothing seems to have gone smoothly, I have trying to sort out business stuff, involving phone calls and not getting replies etc etc, I just need to relax and let it all wash over me..... I hope you are having a better day... [​IMG]

22. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sounds like my day yesterday with AT&T Uverse @Terry Page.

I'm still not sure it's resolved because my TV is still working :(

Terry Page likes this.
  23. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Good morning. It's almost 2:30 in the morning here and I am going to bed now.

24. Holly Saunders

Registered

Mornin' all..

wednesday monkey.jpeg

It's warm but overcast here.... nothing much planned for today. Hubs is going to be working from home today, so he's in the office.., and then later he's gonna be using the new pressure washer to clean the paths. ... what an exciting day... o_O:D

25. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

327951-Inspiring-Butterfly-Good-Morning-Quote.jpg

If anyone has wondered where I've been...I've been busy living life and learning to step out of my comfort zone. :)

I drove my Honey to Arlington, Texas to visit with his daughter and son-in-law who had moved there from Utah. It had been 3 years since we had seen them and even though driving there was a big step out of my comfort zone I did it so my husband could see his child. I see my children all the time and I just can't imagine not seeing anyone of them for 3 years. So I prayed for courage to drive my husband to see his child...and God gave it to me.

I also joined a Health Club and am busy changing this 'Saggy, Baggy, Elephant' old body of mine into a strong, toned, and fit one. I carried my almost 2 year old grandson for his Moma a few times since she is getting ready to have our new grandson in October...and I realized I have lost almost all my upper body strength, plus I felt winded after only a short walk carrying him around. I can't do anything about getting older...but I can do lots about being in better shape physically. So I took myself down to the Health Club down the Street from me and signed up for membership. It's free and it's past time I walked in that door and begin the journey to better physical health.

I've been spending time reflecting on my life and what I want from this season of it. As @Chrissy Cross posted my days as a nurturer and helper for all my kids and grandkids are not front and center in my life all the time now. It's my turn to nurture myself and my spouse for now I am finding I have much more freedom and time to do this. So my Honey is thinking about things he would like to do now too. Things we can do together like a few more trips. Next month I'm planning on driving us to Florida and from there hopefully up to Georgia to visit with my siblings. Driving with my Honey next to me Jesus to take the wheel if I get to anxious worked just fine going to Arlington and back home again...and I am believing it will work fine for anymore trips we want to take.

A very important thing I've been doing for my sister who has Primary Progressive Aphasia is playing the Word Game with her through Facebook. She is losing her speech and her word knowledge but she plays the Word game just fine and playing it with her is hopefully helping her to hold on to as many words as possible...and lets us spend time together too...even though we live in two different states. :)

I hope all of you have been doing well. And I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Oh yes I almost forgot @Yvonne Smith Dole products came out with a Refreshing Greens frozen smoothie mix. So now I can have my fruit and green veggie smoothies. :)