The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning from a quiet cold dark Worcester at 1c ...
    For me today it's finishing off Oliver's bedroom ready for the carpet next Tuesday. I then have to start planning the living room renovation.... [​IMG] ..................more coffee now I think... [​IMG] Have a great weekend...

[​IMG]

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Great picture ! Yes one degree today - chilly ain't it, have to wear me coat for laundry duty :rolleyes:
    @Terry Page

Chrissy Cross and Terry Page like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What exactly is "laundry duty", @Patsy Faye ? When you first started talking about it, I was assuming that you just meant that this was the day you went to the laundry room and washed and dried your clothes; but you sometimes speak of it like you have to be there for some other reason. Are you like a laundry-room assistant or something of that nature ?

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha, no Yvonne, sorry to mislead you :)
    Every weekend and one weekday we go down to the dreaded laundry, its on the north side, tiled throughout
    so very cold in there - I have me little moan about it 'every week' - can't help meself
    Its also the state people leave it in. I dread it because I have to thoroughly clean the machines before I will use them
    I do the washer - Fabs the dryer. Just not a nice environment :rolleyes:

@Yvonne Smith

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (7).jpg
    Hello everyone. It felt great to sleep late this morning. Saturday's are Law and Order SVU's marathon days and when I don't have other plans I love to be a couch potato and enjoy the marathon.

My Honey is on his way to Chili's right now to pick us up lunch with one of our Christmas gift cards. It's so nice to have this cards for when I want a break from cooking like today. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. The weather is really nice over here and I hope it's nice where you are too. Today is a lazy day for my Honey and me...and we're going to enjoy every minute of it.:)

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are taking it easy today, too. Usually we would be gone to the fitness center; but Bobby pulled a muscle in his lower back and working out would not be a good idea until it heals up better. We did get the curtains down in the bedroom, and I am washing them , and then we will put the curtains back up again. I found a pair of heavier dark curtains, and we are going to use those instead of some of the lightweight ones we had in the bedroom, and that should make it darker in there for sleeping and privacy. The pink ones can go up in the exercise room, and that will brighten up that area, and let more sunlight in, since it is on the shady side of the house already.
    Bobby is getting prepared to start on the back porch deck, which will extend from the back door to where the swimming pool is at, and that will make it easier for us to get in and out of the pool this summer, and also give us a better back porch than just the concrete steps that are there now.
    He is disassembling the pool while he works on building the deck, and then we will put it back up when it is time to fill it back up for summer swimming and sunbathing again. I will be so happy when summer gets here again !

Terry Page and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure y'all will enjoy many happy hours on that deck Bobby going to build @Yvonne Smith. And in your pool when the weather is warm enough again. We will have two pools to choose from this year...our daughter's and the indoor one at the Health Club. So even if it's raining and we feel like swimming we will have the option. I have always liked exercising in the pool. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Terry Page

Registered

Good morning from a wet Worcester today, 4c and rain at the moment.....I had a short night in the end because I couldn't get to sleep until after midnight and then woke at 5am.
    I didn't do so much work yesterday so I had an energy surplus in the evening, which wouldn't let me sleep, so I knocked myself out in the end with a couple of sleeping pills. [​IMG]

I am not sure where to go with this at the moment, because adding the coconut oil immediately killed my appetite, plus it seemed to boost my energy even more as well.
    It's good to have so much energy but I am thinking it's way too much for my aging 75 year old body, and I miss my laziness streak [​IMG] .....so I think I will cut back on the magnesium or maybe stop it altogether and try to slow down a bit.
    On a positive note the coconut oil seems to have worked instantly in clearing my mind [​IMG]

Have a great Sunday everyone and enjoy whatever you are doing....or not doing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Good morning Terry - maybe its the coconut upsetting your clock
    You were fine on the mag oil, maybe adding the coconut is overdoing things a little .........................

@Terry Page

Yvonne Smith and Terry Page like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2017-2-12_8-45-4.jpeg Everyone Xx
    Laundry duty again today - ho hum :rolleyes:

:)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

I could be @Patsy Faye though my energy was too high anyway I think, I like the clarity of mind with the coconut oil plus it's easier to take in coffee and cooking. I have completely stopped the magnesium at the moment, so I will see what happens, I do miss being lazy [​IMG]

PS: Good luck with the laundry duty...;)

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (14).jpg Good Morning @Terry Page and @Patsy Faye Terry it definitely sounds like you are "overdosing" on "the energy" stuff....I think your slowing down on these things might be a good idea. Patsy maybe Terry could send you some of that energy for your laundry day. :)

The weekend is going by much to fast as most days seem to do lately. Today we will be hand delivering Valentine's to our children and grandchildren along with some sweet treats. I know it's not officially Valentine's Day but whenever this day falls on a week day we celebrate it on a weekend day...week day for our children and their families are just way to busy to relax and "share the love" between us. But Sundays are the days for sharing and relaxing with our Family...and in this case giving out Valentine's too. "Love" day is always one I like to celebrate! :D

Hope your Sunday is filled with love too!

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Terry Page

Registered

Good morning to you all, it's dark and gloomy looking out at 4c with no sign of spring in the air.....I slept ok and woke at 6:30 in the end, will finish the few odds and ends in Oliver;s bedroom ready for the carpet laying tomorrow.

Have a good Monday...

This is a painting by the British born painter Alfred Sisley, who spent most of his life in France painting Impressionist landscapes....

A February Morning At Moret Sur Loing 1881

[​IMG]

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Like the painting Terry :)

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2017-2-13_8-43-59.jpeg Everyone Xx
    They say it will warm up this week, I'm ready for it to be a 'little' warmer, been a bit too cold :)