The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

True, I still smoked when my oldest grandson was a toddler but outside and when I came in the house I would take off my jacket or sweater that smelled of smoke, brush my teeth etc....I know I probably still smelled of smoke a little but my daughter never refused my help.

And both of my kids are very anti smoking...I was the only smoker in my whole entire family...I'm the black sheep, lol.

My daughter's mother in law lives a lot closer than I do but in 18 years I don't think she watched the boys once and she doesn't smoke.

I even came from Hungary after my daughter had to return to work to watch my grandson for 3-4 months...then the whole time I lived in Hungary I would come and visit every 3-4 months for 6 years.

With my grandsons in Illinois the other grandma sees them more often and I must admit that bothers me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter's husband's Mom is quite a bit younger than me and she likes to go shopping, etc. instead of being a homebody like me....so my daughter would actually have the help she needed and someone to hit the stores with. They just need to accept that the woman is not perfect and ask for her help if they need it...she would definitely go help them and I can't right now. But I am the one they want because I don't smoke.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's too bad...does she know why your daughter doesn't want her to watch them? Maybe she can be more careful with the smoking...go faaar from the house...brush teeth, mouthwash, when smoking cover yourself with something and leave it outside so your clothes don't smell...seems like a lot but it's doable.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes she knows this but she would still go help them if they called her and she does try to "clean up" the smoke residue when she comes inside. My son-in-law also has some issues with his Mom for whatever reasons and so he prefers having me too. But they can't count on me anymore so they better get over their "issues" and let the ones who can help them do just that.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well there's nothing you can do til you're better so they need to understand that, when they're exhausted maybe they'll ask her to come...

Without knowing the people involved, that's my best advice.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There's going to have to figure it out for theirselves because I will be going for visits at times, but no more living half of my time there anymore, even if I wasn't having health problems, I just can't do this anymore...nor do I really want to.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I understand completely Babs...been there done that...still do it...but not as much.

I sure was a different grandma at age 50 than I am at 65 with back issues.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

A very good morning to you all, it's a gloomy but mild morning here at 10c ....I am meeting my daughter Caroline later this morning for lunch.....then maybe this afternoon starting to dismantle the living room for the makeover.

Enjoy your day...have fun...live in the moment........

[​IMG]

9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Finally got some rain yesterday. Just perfect too, not a downpour but a good steady rain. It started in the wee hours Monday morning and lasted until the middle of the night.
    Oh, yeah, GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG] Everyone Xx
    Wishing you all a lovely day :)

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

So pretty!!

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - caught my eye
    Oh - did you already have the roses in yer avatar ......................snap ! :p

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

No, put them there after I saw yours...I'll have to center it more but after I get to my daughter's.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ah - glad you like the picture :)

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (37).jpg solders_coffee.jpg

We didn't get the rain yesterday that was forecast but we definitely got some winds and a few tornado watches. Later in the afternoon the sun came out and the birds were happily feeding on the feeders and playing in the bird bath. Our bird bath has turned into the water bowl for our neighbors dogs who are always coming up on our porch to visit with us for a doggie treat and some affectionate petting. :)

This morning my husband should just work a few hours and then he will come pick me up and we'll run a few errands together. If he's not to tired I'm going to ask him to come with me to our free Health Club to check it out.

My birthday present exercise machine should be here any day now...maybe even today. I cleared a good spot for it in the our bedroom yesterday and I'm looking forward to using it. Hope it won't be to difficult to put together. My Honey and I are usually good at putting things together but we have to have more light now when we are doing this since our vision is not young anymore either. :)

Have a pleasant and peaceful day everyone.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017