The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was meaning to ask you if it had arrived yet, @Babs Hunt .
    I know that I was watching the progress each day on Amazon, and elated when it finally said that the package was "out for delivery". Bobby put ours together in pretty short order, somewhere around a half hour, maybe even less.
    The moving handlebars were WAY too long for me; so Bobby had to adjust those to as short as they would go, and it still is hard for me to sit that way and ride the bike. When I am standing up on the machine, then the handlebars are fine now.
    We have a pretty (but cold) morning here today. This looks like the last cold morning , at least for as far ahead as I can see on the weather app. Only in the 50's here today; so I am still not going to be outside playing in the yard. After tomorrow, it should be in the 60's or even the 70's, and then I am going to get back to work on the raking and pruning for spring.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_4147.JPG IMG_4149.JPG
    Spring is on it's way! :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Oh, WOW, you have amaryllis blooming already ! ! That is SO awesome, and they are one of my most favorite flowers. Mine have not even started to come up yet; but the hyacinth are starting to blossom now. I envy you and Ina, who live where the weather is warmer all year around; but not the terrible storms that both of you have tearing through the coastal areas.
    Here, we do have to worry about tornadoes; but it seems like most of the storms split just before they get close to us, and the main part of the storms either go north of us into Tennessee, or further south towards Birmingham.
    We have a clump of the little shamrocks, too; and ours are up but not having any blooms showing yet. Mine are the white ones.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I'm glad you told me that blooming flower is an amaryllis @Yvonne Smith...someone else had planted that before we ever moved back here and it keeps coming up every year, but I didn't know what it was...just that it was pretty. Now thanks to you I do know what it is and since I just shared your info with my Honey...he now knows too.:)

We have plenty of shamrocks blooming with the flowers...if that is the same thing that I call clovers and am always finding 4 leaf clovers in. When I was younger I would iron those 4 leaf clovers between pieces of wax paper and then share them with my friends, etc. for good luck. :) I would also made head wreaths with the flowers or tie those flowers together and make long chains out of them.

The azaleas are also in full bloom right now although we don't have any in our yard. The other day when I went to pick up a few items at Albertsons I passed a whole "fence" of my Moma's favorite deep pink azalea bushes in bloom. If I would have had my camera with me I would have pulled over and taken some pictures to share. I will be heading that way again probably Friday and if they are still blooming I will have my camera with me and take some pictures.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Usually, people can buy an amaryllis around Christmas, and they come in all sorts of pretty colors. You buy the box with the bulb already planted in a tiny pot, and when you water it, the blossom comes up. They grow so fast, you can almost watch them growing overnight ! After New Years, they usually go on clearance sales with the rest of the Christmas items; but this year I didn't see any on sale at Walmart , Lowes, or anywhere.
    Once they are done blooming, you can plant them outside in the spring, and then they will come back up each year and bloom like yours is doing.
    Shamrocks are similar to clover, but actually different altogether. They both have three leaves, but if you look at your shamrock, you can see that each little leaf is heart-shaped, whereas on clover, it is a rounded leaf. Also, the blossoms on clovers are tiny round balls, and not the little petals like on the shamrocks.
    Clovers are totally edible, and you can use the leaves like any other greens, and the little flowers can be used to decorate a salad. They grow almost everywhere, and are easy to pick and use. They are not bitter tasting like dandelion leaves are, and I have added some to my green smoothies before.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/herbs/clover.html

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You're just a "wealth" of information @Yvonne Smith...thanks for sharing. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all I woke up suddenly at 6:00am feeling sad at the state of the world.....I guess I need to stop reading the news again... [​IMG] ............I have had a couple of coffees and now feel ready to face another day...whatever it may bring....it's another mild damp morning here at the moment....have a good day ...

[​IMG]

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to all also. Got up with my wife to see her off to work, like I do every Mon thru Fri.. Some pain on the bottom of my left foot (Tarsal Ligament/Joint) due to it being rather cold outside (Florida "cold" that is). That is the foot that got messed up after my Halloween Party fall last Oct.. The foot has definitely got better, but due to being a Diabetic II, some arthritis and low altitude here, at times it does "talk" to me.

I'm really getting sick of hearing about this immigration protesting. Before Trump even came into the picture, many people complained about all the illegal immigration that has gone on in the U.S.. Now that we have a President that will do something about this, all that is hear is ridicule towards him. Anyway, that's my beef for today. Other than that, things are good.:)

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Guys, I can't say I'm back, because I haven't left. I peek in a couple times a day. But sometime the pain gets to the point that I can't think straight much less come up with a pleasant or interesting post.

Then yesterday, I realized that without all of you , my quirky friend, the days can be worse with out the distractions ya'll provide.

We might be a small croup of friends, but what would we do without each other?

IMG_4445.JPG

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here Ina - when its bad, it's hard to be distracted from it too
    Nice to see you though :)

@Ina I. Wonder

11. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

A very good morning to you all, I woke at 6:00 this morning feeling bright and cheerful and came up with this watercolour....I will start on the living room project today, though there is a lot of rubbish to be transported to the local tip before I create a whole lot more...:(

Have a great Friday everyone...

[​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (31).jpg
    this-is-the-day.jpg

Good Morning.:) Have a blessed day in every way.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning all and TGIF!! I woke up at 5:15AM and couldn't get back to sleep. That's all right though, most of my life I've been an "early bird". Farm and Navy life got me up early each day. For my last job, I had to get up at 5:15AM Mon thru Fri to be to work at 7AM.
    The temp was somewhat shocking this morning at 35 degrees. I keep thinking, "this is Florida???" Will be warming today and following days, so really can't complain (that much, anyway:).

Had my "every six months VA labs consultation" with my doctor yesterday. Blood glucose a little higher than wanted, but A1C was 6.8, down from last time at 7.4. VA doctor pretty happy about that. She does want me to lose some weight though. Some 15 pounds over, compared to what my BMI weight should be. I looked at her and said "so, doctor, overall how do I look?". She said, "not bad at all". I said, "not bad for turning 68 this coming June". She was shocked to hear that I was going to be that old. "You sure don't look that old." All I could think to myself was, "Thank You, Just For Men Hair Color" that I use on my mustache and temples.

Anyway, have a nice day everyone.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - love that line Cody :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Terry Page - did you paint the picture Terry, I like - very Van Goghish :cool:

Terry Page and Ina I. Wonder like this.